Librarian on Millennium????

AliceS

It is my understanding that the position of librarian has been "outsourced":rolleyes:

I don't know if the library is just open or whether other staff members are asked to supervise..

Thanks for the information. She was such a delight. I don't know how I started to go to a book review, but I was so happy that I did. Most cruises wouldn't have things like this, that was the beauty of a transatlantic and the lovely sea days.

Thanks for the information. She was such a delight. I don't know how I started to go to a book review, but I was so happy that I did. Most cruises wouldn't have things like this, that was the beauty of a transatlantic and the lovely sea days.

It is my understanding that the position of librarian has been "outsourced":rolleyes:

I don't know if the library is just open or whether other staff members are asked to supervise..

We were on the Constellation and the librarian told us the position was being eliminated. No word on how it will work but it used to be that crew (usually entertainers) took turns sitting in.

There was no librarian on our recent Millennium TA. IMHO eliminating the librarian position was a terrible decision. There was a sign saying that the library was operating on the honor system but books were not being checked in and reshelved by anyone when they were returned to the library. Consequently, towards the end of the cruise, there were probably two to three hundred books stacked in piles on the floor of the library. It was a mess and rendered the library very difficult to use.

Archived