OBC, How does it work?

darladelight

Ok I know this topic has been discussed to death, however I never saw the answer to my particular question.

My sister and I are going on a cruise. We both want to add money to OBC via Fun ship Dollars purschased on the website (by inserting the booking number in place of address). My question is, will that money go into separate accounts? Or is it lumped in one account? I have no desire to share my card with my sister :D

[quote name='darladelight']Ok, but that is in person, we were planning on submitting them online. Will my dollars go under my name and her FSD under hers?[/quote]

If you are buying FSD's, they mail them to you... if you want to just buy OBC, you need to call Carnival and they will assist you... FSD's are mailed to you and you can either mail them back or take them with you.

[quote name='GoinCruisin']If you are buying FSD's, they mail them to you... if you want to just buy OBC, you need to call Carnival and they will assist you... FSD's are mailed to you and you can either mail them back or take them with you.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Thanks
I was thinking that the FSD purschased online were the same as OBC. I will call the cruiseline before i put any money down.

[quote name='darladelight']Ok, Thanks
I was thinking that the FSD purschased online were the same as OBC. I will call the cruiseline before i put any money down.[/quote]

You can use them as OBC, or for purchasing a cruise... they come in the form of a gift certificate...

[quote name='GoinCruisin']You can use them as OBC, or for purchasing a cruise... they come in the form of a gift certificate...[/QUOTE]

I have read on thses boards that it is possible to purchase FSD from the website and they go directly into you account, instead of having them mailed. Thus the transaction would be electronic and no paper certificates will be handled. Can anyone tell me how that works in relation to two separate OBC accounts?

[quote name='darladelight']I have read on thses boards that it is possible to purchase FSD from the website and they go directly into you account, instead of having them mailed. Thus the transaction would be electronic and no paper certificates will be handled. Can anyone tell me how that works in relation to two separate OBC accounts?[/quote]

You just call, and tell them you want to place money on your S&S account... give them your credit card info... very easy.

You may do it online as you said darla by putting in your booking number in place of your home address and it will be on your Sign and Sail account. If you and your sister have the same booking number it will all go to the same account. You can also have them sent to you and this way you could each have them on your own Sign and Sail. I have done the former. This money shows up under my reservation if i booked through Carnival and not a TA. If you do have them mailed to you (many people are confused because they say on the back you must mail them in but you can bring them with you instead, it's been done) you just bring them to the purser I believe and have them placed on your account. Hope this helps you.

[quote name='Bazoo']If you and your sister have the same booking number it will all go to the same account.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, That is the information I was looking for. As said before my sister and I dont want the same OBC account and we are on the same booking number, I will call Carnival to buy OBC.

Archived