when to book

currently looking at December 2006 for mariner.

found online prices for inside cabin at 609 for the week.

I am going on a shorter cruise this January and was wondering if I should book now or wait for my 4 days cruise to book (Actually do they have the 'cruise conselors' on shorter cruises?)

I realize that the new brochures haven't come out as of yet .... I would assume that the prices will go up when the new brochures come out.

what do you think?

Thought I was the real type A planner, but I have planned only though October 2005! Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan will be cruise 5 for us--

Our Mariner cat. M cabin (inside, 9th level) was $1200 pp in late June 2004, and we booked 7 months beforehand.

We have always booked at least 7-12 mnths in advance. I have often thought I'd like to wait and try a last minute deal but can't stand that wait!!

Good luck!

Vanessa

I would think that since your cruise is so far away you should wait to book until you are on your shorter cruise for the cruise credit. December is a slow time. Unless you are going on a new years or x-mas cruise, so the price should not change too much from now.

December is a slow month and given that your cruise is for 2006, I would wait to book onboard in January to get the ship board credit. It is free money.

thanks all for your input.

nydee- I like your idea of booking now and rebooking onboard....did they give you a hassle doing this and most important was the price the same or cheaper from your previous booked cruise.

Because of breakthru rates (early booking discounts) you are better off booking early. Book with a travel agent who will monitor the price for you. If price goes down agent can get you back the difference. If price goes up nothing happens as you are locked in to the lower price.

Archived