Best bet?? Miracle balcony cabin for 3!

stlrboo

Hoping to book 4/17/05 Miracle from Tampa ASAP!

Price creeping upward...

Wife and I and 14 year old. Have heard that Miracle does not do roll-aways, but have a convertible sofa THOUGH some cabins also have a pull down.

Confirmed with Carnival today that I can get the latter (with pull-down and sofa) as it isn't 'inventory controlled' at the moment.

Any comments on this type cabin? Have also considered an extended balcony. Are they worth the extra couple bucks??

Any help will be appreciated!! :)

I had a balcony cabin on the Spirit last year which had a fully recessed (into ceiling) bed above the long sofa (sofa may have been convertible but I had no need to inquire). I was a solo cruiser so can't speak for first-hand knowledge with three in the cabin. However, I would think if the steward put the pull-down bed away each morning, there should be plenty of space for three to move in/out of the cabin throughout the day and be able to ready for dinner in the evening. Great thing is the balcony when others are showering/changing for dinner. One or two can duck away seaside to get out of the way.

Enjoy your planning, stlrboo! :cool:

Book it ,You will not be Disappointed. I am on the Pride this Sept. In a 8e extended Balcony cabin -2 twin beds one pull down w/ ladder and convertable sofa. We are 3 in our cabin.This sound like the cabin they are telling you about. Your Daughter will love the balcony.It is great for you and your wife to have Morning coffee if your daughter is still asleep.

We had cabin 4160 on the Miracle with sofa and pull down bed. My 15 yo slept on the pull down which the steward folded up every morning and put the ladder away and at night when he turned down the beds he pulled the bed down and hooked up the ladder. My son slept great and the bed was never in the way. Someone could have also slept on the sofa...it was big enough but we didn't need it.

We had a standard balcony but also had cabin 4158, so we had the divider opened between the two rooms...made for an extra long balcony. It was great! But even a regular balcony was big enough to sit out and enjoy. I think any balcony would be great!

Jen

We were in cabin 8165 with an extended balcony on July 10 with 3 people in the room. We felt it was very roomy plenty of closet space and enough room on the balcony. I think you will enjoy it if you pick this category.

I currently have a 'hold' on Cabin 6264, aft on Empress Deck with the convertible sofabed. DW believes we'll do all our 'sitting' on the balcony, so no need for the pull-down bed for the 14 year old. (Which is good, as I couldn't find any 'aft' cabins with the pull-down and sofabed arrangement.)

Thanks for the help!! :)

Anyone familiar with the cabins on the stern of the ship?

I think all the sofas convert to the beds. The backs pull off and the steward sets them up at night. My daughter has slept on the couch more than once and has never had a complaint. You can do the pull down bed from the ceiling but I don't think you will have a need to use it. The steward does recess it when they do the morning clean up and they put it down at night when they make up the room.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

If you go to the Carnival Glory 7/26/03 photos you can see the couch and pull down beds made up.

Not all sofas convert to a bed. On the Victory we had a sofa that was what it was...a sofa. Our cabin only slept 2 people.

Same with the Miracle. We booked cabin 6262 and it only holds 2 people but there is a sofa in there.

Deck layout in book shows that only the center two cabins on Upper, Empress and Verandah Decks have the sofa-bed..

Loved seeing those pics on the other thread.. I'm ready for the aft cabin! :D

None of the aft stern cabins (directly on the stern) have the upper!

We were just 2 with an extended balcony on Miracle. Our cabin had the sofa which could be made into a bed. We had booked a balcony guarantee 8A and got an 8E which was nice but I believe the stateroom is the same layout just a bigger balcony.

Our daughter has slept on both sofa's and the beds in the wall and says they are both comfortable. this trip was just the 2 of us though-sort of a little honeymoon so she was not with us.

One warning though, the bathroom was tiny. More like RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas. Not the nice spacious bathroom we had on Fascination,inside cabin and Inspiration, oceanview cabin. That really disapointed me. The old joke about soaping up the walls in the shower and spinning around really fit. It really disapointed me that a balcony room would have such a tiny bathroom. If your son and wife plans to change in there-they need to realise it is a tight fit and will not be the most comfortable place to change. Your wife will hate it formal night-but then maybe you can send your son out for awhile while she changes.

We were in cabin 6267 on empress deck.

I saw a partial pic of the bathroom in cabin 6264 and it looked kinda' tiny too.

Last cruise on Triumph we had a Cat 11 Suite (our wedding cruise) so we are sorta spoiled, but on the Imagination I remembered a larger bathroom (head).

Wonder why they would down-size the bathroom on the newer ships??

Not planning on spending much time there anyhow..

Should have seen the bathroom on my first cruise.. Dolphin Cruise Line..

Whew! Talk about small.. :eek:

Archived