Hat, gloves, scarf, the whole 9 yards?

Hello - I will be in Sydney and Halifax in October of this year and have checked the temperature averages (looks about 60 or so), but with the temp always dropping when you are by water, should I expect it to be downright cold? Will I need to "bundle up", when I go for my excursions or even when I am on the ships outside decks?
What about at night? Will the temps drop dramatically?

Thanks for all your help!

Carey

Carnival Victory, here I come!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We've been to both places in late October and didn't find them to be cold. My best advice is to bring clothing that may be layered. This way, you're prepared for all types of weather. Oh, and don't forget an umbrella, just in case. Also, it can get pretty windy up on deck so a jacket is a good idea.

Lisa63
Looking forward to Maasdam Canada/New England 2004

Layers are really the key. The temp can be all over the board. If the sun is shining, it is comfortable with maybe a light jacket if the wind is blowing. If it is overcast and rainy, it is colder. The morning we docked in Saint John (10/19), the temperature was in the mid-20's. Cruising the Saganuay River in the morning was quite chilly. I would definitely pack gloves and a hat or earmuffs and layer sweatshirts or sweaters under a fall jacket. But I don't get chilled easily. Someone from a warmer climate might want a heavier coat.

Big Red Boat, New Year's 1994
Legend of the Seas, Alaska, 8/98
Sovereign of the Seas, 5/03
Grandeur of the Seas, Canada/New England, 10/03
Grandeur of the Seas, 11/29/03

• 3 weeks later...
We were there in late October last year. I just wore a cotton sweater. And heck, I bought the fur ear muffs on sale at the dock in St. John! Didn't use them until long after I got back home.

Archived