Hotel Shuttles - Port Canaveral

kml2000

I booked a room for us at the Radisson before our cruise because I am enamored with their pool and I will have 2 teen girls, possibly 3 travelling with me. HOWEVER, I have read some bad things about the shuttle service from/to the Radisson (I will be driving down and want to leave my car at the hotel.

I am considering switching to the Country Inn & Suites because of the good things I have read about that property and the breakfast.

Can anyone give any recent opinions about the hotel shuttles????

Thanks,

Karen

I don't know about that particular shuttle, but I can tell you that I just booked a room at the Country Inn for $58/night. Their price was $115. Priceline.com has it at $72. You just fill out a quick eform at country inn's website and they'll match the price less 25%. (The hotel looks brand new)

I am renting a car so I'm taking the Hertz shuttle from the rental place.

(feb. 18 Sensation)

Have a good trip!

Melissa

I don't know about that particular shuttle, but I can tell you that I just booked a room at the Country Inn for $58/night. Their price was $115. Priceline.com has it at $72. You just fill out a quick eform at country inn's website and they'll match the price less 25%. (The hotel looks brand new)

I am renting a car so I'm taking the Hertz shuttle from the rental place.

(feb. 18 Sensation)

Have a good trip!

Melissa

I too was enarmoured with the pool and setting. However, I just cancelled Radisson and booked the Country Inn. I wanted a bed for everyone so was looking at $250 at the Radisson. At the Country Inn I got the kid suite room with bunk beds, a twin and a queen in a separate area for $115 AAA rate. They will let you leave your car there for the week and the shuttle is currently $3 pp each way. I too was worried about the shuttle from the Radisson since the earliest one they have is at 11:30 and also since I want to get an early start on the road when we disembark as we have a long drive. We will probably just grab a cab to and from the port. We're not going until April 7th. Let me know how it is if you are there before us!

I am leaning toward cancelling the Radisson too. Did you book the "cruise parking" package rate? We are going in May......so you all will be there before me, report back if you don't mind. I had heard you could go stand outside at the Radisson about 10:30 or so with a few bucks in your hand and they would shuttle you on over there. I don't know.

OH....and I also have read the Country Inn and Suites IS new.....

I called the hotel directly and spoke with their reservations. They had quote me the AAA rate and I couldn't get it to come up for the room type I wanted on their web site. Their package includes the shuttle but you can book that separately when you check in. We'll probably just do a cab. I've heard its pretty close and will probably cost the same and be more convernient.

I asked the person at the hotel about the differences. She indicated she had worked at the Radisson and while it was nice and had an onsite restaurant, she felt their rooms were much nicer since they were new. She said there were plenty of restaurants close by and that they had an outdoor pool also. I figure we're gonna be in the Carribean if we want pool and sunshine. I'd rather save $100+ and spend it on the trip!

Country Inn & Suites is new and is (currently) the closest. We have stayed at the Residence Inn, but rates for May are high compared to what we paid in June and Dec. I need to figure out how it was gotten so cheap!

I have somewhat the same opinion about the night before hotel. They will have 7 days for elaborate.....have convinced myself to switch to Country Inn & Suites. Its still not CHEAP when we will be down there, but it is a holiday weekend.

I booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites for April. I just went through their website. We are going to park over at the port. With all of the people parking their vehicles at these hotels, I wonder just how long it will take when leaving the ship after the cruise to get the shuttle back to the hotel to get your vehicle. Parking over at the port will mean that when getting off the ship we can go directly to our vehicle and go home. When we cruised out of Tampa we did the same thing. We parked at the port. We got off the ship. Our vehicle was waiting for us. Off we went. I thought it was the best way to go for us.

We have parked at the port before and it did work out well. That is definitely an option. I do remember the last time they didn't let us into the parking lot until 11:00 or so..........does anyone know if that is still true?

Archived