Any Tips Or Secerts For Jewel Of The Seas

None more than any other cruise, check out your table first off and make sure it is alright, if not get it changed as soon as possible, always make sure to get out to get deck chairs early, seems like Radiance class had less deck space than Voyager class, and have a great time, its a great ship!

We just did a B2B, had a table on Deck 5 the first leg and on Deck 4 the second leg. I preferred Deck 5 - we were at a large table against the railing so we could look down on the "action" on the lower deck, and it seemed a little less noisy there. On Deck 4 we were close to the entrance, which is convenient, there was a constant stream of people going to & from their tables, which I found a bit annoying, and we were under Deck 5, as opposed to being in the part that's open to above, and it was VERY noisy, even with several empty tables around us.

Ahmet from Turkey was our waiter on the first leg - he was awesome, but he was leaving on vacation when we disembarked on December 10, so I don't think he'll be back when you cruise. We also enjoyed Walter from Chile on the second leg - he may still be aboard.

As for other tips, what are you interested in? That could help narrow things down a bit.

Check out the Seaview Cafe early on in the cruise. It takes most passengers a few days before they discover it. Also, don't miss the made to order crepes in the Solarium. They are a specialty that, to the best of my knowledge, aren't available on the other Radiance class ships. On our last Jewel cruise we had an excellent table on Deck 5 by the windows and an excellent headwaiter, by the name of Susannah.

Definitely spend some time in the solarium. Also, if you plan to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, make your reservations right after boarding. They fill up fast. If you're a chocoholic, the Mississippi Mud Pie at Chops is to die for. There is also a warm chocolate cake with chocolate sauce in the main dining room. If you like soup, try the leek soup at the buffet for lunch on boarding day.

Archived