Celebrating - Getting back from Lisbon w/o hocking the silver....

ltsally

Well, I'd be letting out a great big whoop and holler here :D - if that didn't seem a tad 'unrefined' for Seabourn. But I've just landed us a deal for less than half what it looked like it was going to cost us on Continental. And thought I'd share in case it works for anyone else....

For starters, I should explain that since spouse and I are such bad fliers, all I wanted to do was get back to someplace on the east coast so we could do a layover before heading the rest of the way home (Wisconsin). Looking into www.kayak.com for the first time ever, I doodled around until I came up with the possibility of flying out of Lisbon to Dublin (AerLingus - about 2 hours); spend 1.5 hours in Dublin (great! stretch the legs!) and then a 6 hour flight to Boston. Grand total for the two of us (inlcuding all tax and fees)...is $809. As opposed to a little over a grand for just one person on Continental to Newark. (Of course, it makes me wonder if we'll be sitting with our legs hanging out the side of the plane, but that's what the man told me.....)

Anyway, if dollars matter, checking out where AerLingus could get you might be worthwhile.

You will be more than pleased with Aer Lingus. For our Legend Transatlantic crossing in November 6 of us went Jet Blue Buffalo to JFK for $59.00 then Air Lingus to Dublin $200.00 then Dublin to Malaga for $99.00 for a grand total of $358.00.versus $1200 to $1500 wanted by BA and Lufthansa. Highly recommend it

Archived