Limon Canopy Tour on Coral

susiefay

I was wondering if anyone has done the canopy tour in limon? We will be on the Coral in Feb. and this looks fun. thanks for any help with any other excursions anyone has done on a 10 day partial panama canal cruise. susan:D

We did this tour 2 years ago and frankly, we were quite disappointed. It's a very long bus ride, then you get to the place and get in these baskets and ride through the rain forest. We didn't see any animals and the whole thing was a little touristy.

We took an aireal tram canopy tour a couple of years ago on a Celebrity cruise and it was terrible. As the previous poster said, there is a very long bus ride and not very scenic along the way. The tram ride through the rain forest was very disappointing. No animals and not even very pretty. Do something else while in Limon!

well.............we enjoyed it.............and by the way........its a canopy tour........not an animal tour. You do not expect to see animals.....your go to see the landscape and scenery......and glide through the trees and make stops along the way.

Go with Oscar Brown instead - best excursion of our whole cruise. A wonderful day!! Other don't miss on this cruise: Sea to Sea (or whatever they call it - small boat through the Canal); Sting Ray City in GC. Also enjoyed Dolphin Touch & Dunn's River Falls in Ocho.

We did the canopy tour in Limon a couple of years ago. I thought it was a good tour. It is a long bus ride, but I thought the guide made it interesting. She talked about agriculture, education, housing etc in Coat Rica. I also thought while the ride was a little long that the scenery was still very nice. There is a guide assigned to each gondola which holds 6 to 8 people. You can ask questions. Either before or after the tram you will see a film. There is also a nice, though not sensational lunch served and there is a gift shop. If you go take an umbrella or poncho as this is a rainforest. You probably won't see any animals. You can hear the rush of the rivers below you in certian places. I hope this helps! Whatever you do enjoy!!!!!

Thanks for the input. 2Ports, wondering how to get in tough with Oscar Brown....could you let me know? thanks for the pix JLC , looks so cool:D

Susan,

Oscar Brown has a web site at:

http://www.oscarbrowntours.com/tours.htm

It is under construction but lists some of the tours.

His email is:

limonense03@yahoo.com

I have also heard of tours by Charlie Soto at “OkeyDokey Tours”.

http://www.okeydokeytours.com/

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Archived