Horseback Riding in Mexico

evelev

We are cruising the Carnival Pride (5/20/07) to the Mexican Riviera - Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. We'd like to do a horseback riding excursion in at least one of the ports. Can anyone make a recommendation?

As a point of reference, we did the horseback excusion in Isla Roatan, Honduras and absolutely loved it.

We booked with Randi's Horses (via the Internet) and had a great time last March.

At the time, the fee was $45.00 per person (cash only paid at the end of the ride). This covers all transportation from and back to the ship and one free beer or soda. The ride lasted a little over an hour on the beach.

When you make your reservations on the net, there is no credit card info required.

We are cruising the Carnival Pride (5/20/07) to the Mexican Riviera - Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. We'd like to do a horseback riding excursion in at least one of the ports. Can anyone make a recommendation?

As a point of reference, we did the horseback excusion in Isla Roatan, Honduras and absolutely loved it.

I recently went on King Davids tour with Migules horses and highly recommend him the horses were very clean and healthy and very well trained i felt really safe and we enjoyd the shrimp at the Molokay restaurant, to dye for cant wait to go back!!

I recently went on King Davids tour with Migules horses and highly recommend him the horses were very clean and healthy and very well trained i felt really safe and we enjoyd the shrimp at the Molokay restaurant, to dye for cant wait to go back!!

How do I get in touch with Miguels horse´s to make reservations in advance.??

With the Randi's excursion, how much of your time was spent being transported to and from the horses? If the "horse time" was 90 minutes and the total excursion time is 5.5 hours as advertised, what does the left over time involve?

Shopping, beaching or bar-going have been included as part of horse excursions in other ports. Is this to be expected with Randi's?

Any suggestions from anyone on excursions which are strictly horse-related and relatively near to the port?

Thanks!

It took approximately 20 minutes to get to Stone Island and then another 15 to the horses. I enjoyed getting there as we saw lots that we don't see here at home. The open air "taxi". The water transport. The tractor trailer. Once there and after the ride you are free to swim (could not get my kids and grandkids out of the ocean, it was so warm), eat or drink at Victors. It is a very relaxing time.

Hi Morriscats!!! Randi & I spoke about you last week!!!

I just got back from the Pride and I have been catching up at work so I haven't written my reviews yet!

But we rode with Randi again last week! She is such a dear friend! What my DD doesn't know is that we are going to book the Pride again for Christmas and take her. She is DYING to ride with Randi... but we aren't going to tell her that we are going on a cruise. We are going to see how close to the port we can get before she figures it out! LOL

Anyway - Randi is the BEST! We had booked Frank for the afternoon and Tony made sure it went off without a hitch. I am one of Randi's biggest fans. The ride depends on the group. If some want to ride a little slower, it takes a little longer. This time, we were able to ride more on the beach than in the groves, which we loved. Then afterwards, you can eat lunch and visit at Victor's. The BEST shrimp around and don't forget about those onion rings! Oh man! And the meals are very inexpensive. Randi is good at figuring out when everyone is ready to go back to the port. While at Victor's, you can hang out & visit. You can shop right from your seat if you want to with the vendors... or Randi will ask them to leave if you don't want to. You can play in the water, take banana boat rides, etc.

You know the Corona commercial where the couple is sitting in lounge chairs on the beach with two Corona's between them? It's like that! But with Pacifico's!!!

There is some shopping at the port in Mazatlan also. You can often get better prices there than in the Golden Zone, from what I have been told.

Go for Randi's - you won't regret it! You can see pics from our first ride with Randi in our Legend of the Seas pics. I will try to get this year's photos up onto webshots over the weekend.

Suzy, was so envious knowing you were at that beautiful beach and I was stuck here in the cold and rain. Glad our friend is doing well and like you, I could not imagine going to Mazatlan and doing anything else. Don't you envy her? I am noticing more people are sending in their reservations and not getting an answer. I don't know why and I am not sure how to help other than forward to Randi. Any ideas. December hummmm - wonder if we could? Will see.

I think what is happening is that more & more servers are trying to weed out spam if the person isn't in their address book. And alot of responses are going into the spam folder. I never have problems with responses from her, but I have her in my address book too.

December 23rd! I am going to book it tomorrow morning. Give it some thought!

• 2 weeks later...

There have been many posts about Randi's and IMO it is the best tour anywhere. I suggest your type in both in the search feature and read all about them. Miguel's has been getting a lot of activity, mostly from MazatlanMike threads but the posts seem to "appear" from people with low post counts who jump on CC to "report" their trip. Judge for yourself. We will do Randi's everytime we go to Mazatlan.

Once again, I have to agree with Morriscats.... Randi is fantastic and has become a dear friend! We are booked with her for the 3rd time when we return Christmas week...

Randi & I are both trying to talk Morriscats into the same week. ;) ;) There aren't many tour operators out there that you can contact via email at anytime and keep in contact with and they REMEMBER who YOU are. Randi & Mazatlan Frank are just those sorts of wonderful people and I recommend them to anyone that wants an wonderfully authentic day in Mazatlan.

• 5 months later...

Archived