Caribbean Combo 2008

LaPaloma

Has any one else booked this cruise? It was on the web site for awhile, and was listed in the brochure in the 2008 preview. It is a 4 day and 7 day combo--Feb 27--March 9 on the Legend 08. It was a pretty good deal FLL to STT. We booked it several months ago, and it has now disappeared from the web site. I can't get an answer from reservations or the club desk. All they say is it must be full, or maybe it's up for charter. I'll be on board in 10 days--hopefully-- if I hear nothing from our board, I may have to beat on the Cruise Sales person for an answer. I got plenty of time to react, but I would sure like to know whats up!

Will you be on board in 10 days? I thought you were starting on the 26th in LA? But if you board in Caldera we will probably meet.

Would be nice!

Yes-- we are with you on the Mexican Riviera cruise--thats when I hope to find out something--in fact our bags were picked up Tuesday, and we got our suite assignment yesterday--good one 310! See you in San Jose (Marriott) Monday or the Skybar Tuesday. We booked the pre-cruise hotel, so Seabourn will be delivering us to Caldera and the Legend! If Lola will let me we can even discuss my old Dutch girl friend--many years ago she was in the Miss Universe Contest! Don

Will you be on board in 10 days? I thought you were starting on the 26th in LA? But if you board in Caldera we will probably meet.

Would be nice!

Yes-- we are with you on the Mexican Riviera cruise--thats when I hope to find out something--in fact our bags were picked up Tuesday, and we got our suite assignment yesterday--good one 310! See you in San Jose (Marriott) Monday or the Skybar Tuesday. We booked the pre-cruise hotel, so Seabourn will be delivering us to Caldera and the Legend! If Lola will let me we can even discuss my old Dutch girl friend--many years ago she was in the Miss Universe Contest! Don

Has any one else booked this cruise? It was on the web site for awhile, and was listed in the brochure in the 2008 preview. It is a 4 day and 7 day combo--Feb 27--March 9 on the Legend 08. It was a pretty good deal FLL to STT. We booked it several months ago, and it has now disappeared from the web site. I can't get an answer from reservations or the club desk. All they say is it must be full, or maybe it's up for charter. I'll be on board in 10 days--hopefully-- if I hear nothing from our board, I may have to beat on the Cruise Sales person for an answer. I got plenty of time to react, but I would sure like to know whats up!

Six of us booked the 4 day Caribbean jaunt when it first came out 6 months ago......and 18 months before sailing. Three of us are Club members and we thought it would be a good introduction for the others that are not members to give them a chance to try Seabourn. Just got word today from our TA that Seabourn wants our 6 cabins and now expects us to change to the 11 day itinerary or else we are booted off this sailing. No, apology, no I'm sorry......nothing. Regent would never displace a pax without first offering an alternative cruise or other perk and needless to say we all think it's pretty tacky on Seabourn's part. I guess we should expect that, now that they are part of the Carnival Corp.,but it sure has disappointed 6 ladies and those of us that are Club members will seriously think twice about ever booking on Seabourn again. Not the kind of maneuvre we expect from a luxury line but yes we would expect it from Carnival so I guess that explains it.

canadagal-why do they want your cabins? Is it a charter or are they trying to accomodate somebody's "special friends"? Has your TA tried to negotiate for some sort of compensation or only acted as a pass-through of this info? I don't think Carnival's corporate office normally gets involved in this level of Seabourn decision-making.

Its a strange situation--I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop--I can't imagine they would charter just the 4 day "sample" cruise, which would be a sure sell out--it was even marked in the catalog as a club special cruise. I'm going to find out next week on the Riviera cruise, or the cruise sales person may be abandoned in some nice small Mexican town!

Back in December we all noticed that this particular cruise wasn't posted on Seabourns website anymore. We called the TA who called Seabourn who was assured that the cruise was still a go and that it must have been a computer glitch. Now over a month later we are notified that they cancelled the 4 night cruise and the only alternative is to continue on with the 11 night cruise. And yes, I have been a past passenger of Seabourn as well. We wanted to show our other friends what a great line Seabourn is so when we saw the 4 day'er we all jumped on it.

I will personally be contacting Seabourn to ask for an explanation. While I truly understand that things do happen, I also dont understand that the only alternative offerred was the 11 day cruise.

Well, it seems that Seabourn can not make up their mind on how to offer this cruise. First you could book it as a 4 day then 7 day cruise. Then it changed to an 11 day cruise and now I just see today on their website that it's listed as an 18 day leg of their Grand Voyages. No wonder they want our cabins and good luck to anyone that booked one of the shorter voyages offered earlier. I don't know what to think!

Pat

The website is wrong - the shorter cruise is definitely part of their 11 day cruise now - not the longer one. She also stated that they were having problems selling the shorter cruise as most Seabourn cruisers prefer those that are longer than 7 days.

Bottom line - no short cruise for us but LaPaloma rest assured that you will be on the Legend for your cruise :)

Canadagal and LovesCruisin--you must be looking at a different website than I am--no which way can I find a 4 day Caribbean Sampler Feb 27th obviously this is gone--no way can I find a Caribbean Charms March 1, and of course the Combo does not show up--yet I have in my hand a confirmation for a Feb 27 departure from FLL and Disemberkation March 9 in STT. All my Travel agent and the Club Desk can offer is "It's either sold out, or waiting to confirm a Charter. I kind of guess the latter, but I'm getting a little upset, because if I have to switch, it will be to Europe next Fall, and I want to use upgrades that are still available--but going fast!

The website is wrong - the shorter cruise is definitely part of their 11 day cruise now - not the longer one. She also stated that they were having problems selling the shorter cruise as most Seabourn cruisers prefer those that are longer than 7 days.

Bottom line - no short cruise for us but LaPaloma rest assured that you will be on the Legend for your cruise :)

Well, that speaks volumes........the website is wrong????? Something doesn't jive here at all. LaPaloma, the 4 day and 7 day cruise are both gone from the website.....we haven't seen them for a while. The 11 day cruise that you are booked on was the combo of both the 4 & 7 day one. It's no longer on the website either. The only thing showing on the website is the 18 day cruise starting Feb 13/2008 and is named this......... Costa Rica, Panama, Belize & the Caribbean · Seabourn Legend · 18 Days but now according to Eva and what Seabourn just told her........that too is wrong. What a mess!

I hope it gets straightened out in time for you to use the upgrades.......it's over for us as we were cancelled without given any option to convert to anything else. Not happy campers here with Seabourn or our travel agent.

Pat

Well, that speaks volumes........the website is wrong????? Something doesn't jive here at all. LaPaloma, the 4 day and 7 day cruise are both gone from the website.....we haven't seen them for a while. The 11 day cruise that you are booked on was the combo of both the 4 & 7 day one. It's no longer on the website either. The only thing showing on the website is the 18 day cruise starting Feb 13/2008 and is named this......... Costa Rica, Panama, Belize & the Caribbean · Seabourn Legend · 18 Days but now according to Eva and what Seabourn just told her........that too is wrong. What a mess!

I hope it gets straightened out in time for you to use the upgrades.......it's over for us as we were cancelled without given any option to convert to anything else. Not happy campers here with Seabourn or our travel agent.

Pat

I can't understand why Seabourn didn't offer you and your friends another option--we and some of our friends have been "bounced" by charters in the past, and some compensation was always offered. Could it be that the issue stopped with your travel agent? It might be worth a call direct to Seabourn, and get past the reservation agent. I would ask for a supervisor--with 4 passengers upset, someone has got to react! The last time it happened to our friends they didn't get much, $300 discount per passenger, on any other cruise--but it was something. They however jumped ship and went to a similar cruise on Silversea.

LaPaloma - did you find out if it was a definite charter? If it is the woman that I spoke directly to at Seabourn didn't know what she was talking about.

It still shows up on the website as part of the longer 18 day cruise - not the 11 day one (I just checked this morning).

LaPaloma - did you find out if it was a definite charter? If it is the woman that I spoke directly to at Seabourn didn't know what she was talking about.

It still shows up on the website as part of the longer 18 day cruise - not the 11 day one (I just checked this morning).

No--I gave up trying the office--I'm going to wait till next week on the Mexican Riviera cruise, and try to get something from the cruise sales person--if he wants another new booking he will get info! Don

Both Canadagal and I put our club numbers in at Seabourns website. Once we did that lo and behold your 11 day cruise showed up. I dont know what to think anymore . I hope you get the correct answer this way if you have to transfer the booking you can while on board. It would be a shame if you couldn't.

Both Canadagal and I put our club numbers in at Seabourns website. Once we did that lo and behold your 11 day cruise showed up. I dont know what to think anymore . I hope you get the correct answer this way if you have to transfer the booking you can while on board. It would be a shame if you couldn't.

Its beginning to clear up!!!The Caribbean Combo is long gone--It's back on the web site as Caribbean Highlights--with a slight change of itinerary--actually improved--it also became a club special cruise--a little better price. I checked the registration form, and they now have me on the wait list--they better get that fixed--I had a firm A2 room assignment on the old combo cruise. We shall see!!!

Archived