Have you cruised in an OS on the Pearl?

driker2

My wife and I are booked on the NCL Pearl for the 15 day Trans-Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles to Miami, departing in September, 2007. We are booked into the Owner's Suite, 10502.

We would very much like to make personal contact with someone who has stayed in that OS on one of the few Pearl cruises that have occurred so far. We have some fairly specific questions that we would like to ask of you.

If you have stayed in 10504 and if you would be willing to answer a few questions, we would certainly appreciate your help.

Please write to ergosiena@comcast.net. Thanks. :D

Haven't sailed the Pearl.

Have sailed the Dawn and Jewel OS.

I'll try to answer any questions if you haven't received any emails regarding OS:)

My main question, C., is about the side balcony. Can you estimate how wide it is from door to railing? My wife uses a wheel chair which we would either roll out if there is no door sill or I would lift out and she would step out to get back into the chair. I know the front balcony is quite large, but what is your feeling about the size of the side balcony.

Further, the side balcony looks more enclosed than the typical balcony. Does it give that impression when you are on it? Is the space below the railing metal or glass?

I haven't stayed in 10504 on the Pearl but I did get a good look at it, as well as the smaller AA on deck nine.

As far as the side balcony, it is sort of in two sections, one is about four feet wide and the other is about six feet wide, each can be accessed by it's own slider. There is a small lip, as with all the sliders on board. It's almost the same as the side balc on the Dawn and Star 10506-my husband's rolling walker would not go over it and it had to be lifted. The wheelchair should fit nicely if you move the table and chairs.

You will certainly have to carry the chair to the front balcony, as there is not enough room to pass the bed, there's barely enough room to walk by. Once you're out there, though, there's a wonderful space with comfortable loungers and a table.

(Dick, you lucky dog, we wanted to go on this cruise but you got our room before we did! We're waitlisted for 10004, so let's see.)

(Dick, you lucky dog, we wanted to go on this cruise but you got our room before we did! We're waitlisted for 10004, so let's see.)

Here's hoping you get 10004. We'd love to actually meet the famous "Flying Pirate"!:p

My wife and I are booked on the NCL Pearl for the 15 day Trans-Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles to Miami, departing in September, 2007. We are booked into the Owner's Suite, 10502.

We would very much like to make personal contact with someone who has stayed in that OS on one of the few Pearl cruises that have occurred so far. We have some fairly specific questions that we would like to ask of you.

If you have stayed in 10504 and if you would be willing to answer a few questions, we would certainly appreciate your help.

Please write to ergosiena@comcast.net. Thanks. :D

Owner Suite Pictures from the Pearl

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegianpearl/ig/Norwegian-Pearl-Cabins/index.htm

My Majesty!

Seven weeks.....I'm going in eight! I wear pearls, she wears pearls, match made in heaven.....

I'm sorry to be missing you! So close but so far!!!!

Are you waitlisted for a suite the Canal? Do you want to share a villa if one comes up?

Archived