Bert's Bar

JohanneandRéjean

Lived in Barbados for a cuople years and I use to hangout at Bert's bar. Bert is a nice man. Was also known as house of the Daqauris (Fancy frozen drinks in all flavours) I guess it is around 6 miles from the port and you will pass through Bridgetown to get there. You can walk from Bert's Bar to Accra Beach in 2 minutes max. Bert use to have some slot machines and pool tables also dont know if they are still there as they had a renevation recently. If you not Happy with Berts Bar just walk to Accra Beach one of the best in Barbados. you can get drinks and food there also. Hope this helps.

Lived in Barbados for a cuople years and I use to hangout at Bert's bar. Bert is a nice man. Was also known as house of the Daqauris (Fancy frozen drinks in all flavours) I guess it is around 6 miles from the port and you will pass through Bridgetown to get there. You can walk from Bert's Bar to Accra Beach in 2 minutes max. Bert use to have some slot machines and pool tables also dont know if they are still there as they had a renevation recently. If you not Happy with Berts Bar just walk to Accra Beach one of the best in Barbados. you can get drinks and food there also. Hope this helps.

Thanks goneclear, I didn't realize that Bert's was that close to the pier and to a good beach. Looking forward to Barbados in February.

Berts is along the south coast at Accra/Rockley Beach area. Cab ride would take you maybe 15 min depending on traffic. (I wouldn't try to walk it). When Melnyk took over he did a great job on the renovation. Bert is still around.. and if he isn't in the Bar he might be walking the beach.

Enjoy

Tell me, gang....

Is Accra Beach pretty?

When docking in Bridgestown, would that be the place to go for a day of lounging on the beach, drinking beer, etc?

This is near "Sandy Beach" which is walking distance, right?

Not going until 12/07, but trying to pinpoint things down.

Thanks in advance for any hints directed towards a couple who is tickled with beautiful water, nearby beer/booze, and relaxation for the day! Don't want anything fancy, just pretty water and fun! :)

Tell me, gang....

Is Accra Beach pretty?

When docking in Bridgestown, would that be the place to go for a day of lounging on the beach, drinking beer, etc?

This is near "Sandy Beach" which is walking distance, right?

Not going until 12/07, but trying to pinpoint things down.

Thanks in advance for any hints directed towards a couple who is tickled with beautiful water, nearby beer/booze, and relaxation for the day! Don't want anything fancy, just pretty water and fun! :)

HI Nanette,

Accra Beach is a great beach. Has everything you need, chairs for rent, nearby kiosks for beer and food (recommend De Rock) and clothes (if you want), a facility with showers and toilets.

However, I wouldn't say it's within walking distance, unless you want to walk 30 to 45min to get there. Sandy Beach is actually further east than accra and it certainly not within walking distance of the port.

I would recommend a taxi through town would be about a 15 min drive.

Enjoy

Many thanks for the feedback. :) Not going until next December, but have been researching like crazy!

I made a note that "The Boatyard" charges approx. $7 for fries and $14 for a burger. :eek:

Is that to be expected on Accra Beach....or any beach on the island? Do you have any idea what a cold beer would run?

Thanks again, baby! ;)

Will be in Barbados in about 3 weeks and we were trying to decide between Accra and Sandy beach. Accra sounds great. Berts sounds great too! We went to the boatyard once - didn't particulalry care for it. It was alot of fun but way too crowded. It is 3 below and snowy here - The Islands are calling!

I made a note that "The Boatyard" charges approx. $7 for fries and $14 for a burger. :eek:

Is that to be expected on Accra Beach....or any beach on the island? Do you have any idea what a cold beer would run?

Thanks again, baby! ;)

The price is really over board as far as I'm concerned (the day I went with 6 children and purchased 2 orders of fries and ended up paying 28.00BBD/14.00usd I nearly fell over.

No, you shouldn't pay that much at Accra.. You will find some nice little Kiosks beside the beach.. De Rock Beach Bar is a nice little Kiosk that sells Burgers and hotdogs and flying fish cutters (sandwiches) beer etc. You should even pay half that for any of those things at her place.. Banks Beer (very good locally made) would run you maybe 3 or 4 dollars a bottle. Berts is going to likely be a little more, but it's a restaurant.

Archived