Got Champagne?

OuiOnboard

We have cruised as a family to celebrate Xmas and New Years for several years...usually with Princess. Our recent MR cruise on Dawn was the first at which complimentary champagne was not served to New Years celebrants at midnite in the Atrium. Instead, servers were deployed with carts bearing ample supplies of bubbly for purchase. We were all set, however, having had a nicely chilled bottle delivered to our stateroom earlier in the evening. :)

I must stress that I am not angry with Princess....I see it as probably just another action taken in response to the challenge of maintaining competitive cruise fares despite rising costs.

Can someone confirm this happening on their recent Xmas Holidays cruise on Princess.

I was on the Crown for Christmas and the night they had the Champagne fountain there were waiters everywhere passing out champagne. Free and as much as you wanted. Although I don't drink champagne but it was there for the taking.

We were on the Regal Pr. for a PC cruise last Nov. and on the second formal dining evening, champagne was given out for free at the Champagne Fall Fountain demonstration which surprised me since they appear to have cut back on this sort of thing and have increase charges for onboard bar beverages.

Archived