Beyond Elite???

Murphey

Nothing I have heard of YET. But it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come up with something in the near future. I would venture to guess it would be 300 or 400, maybe even 500 days at sea for the next level, if they decide to do it.

BUT, what perks could they offer for that status? The perks for Elite are so nice, I can't even imagine what the next level (if it comes to that) might be.

Any suggestions? Maybe 25% off the shipboard shops? No charge for dining at one, or both. of the alternate restaurants? A private trip to the bridge fo sail-a-way?

Nothing I have heard of YET. But it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come up with something in the near future. I would venture to guess it would be 300 or 400, maybe even 500 days at sea for the next level, if they decide to do it.

BUT, what perks could they offer for that status? The perks for Elite are so nice, I can't even imagine what the next level (if it comes to that) might be.

Any suggestions? Maybe 25% off the shipboard shops? No charge for dining at one, or both. of the alternate restaurants? A private trip to the bridge fo sail-a-way?

And who would get to blow the horn?? Imagine the argument or how many times the horn would blow!!!:D :D

Double post!!! GRRRR

Many companies with loyalty programs have an executive or VIP level. Usually you have to be invited in, after meeting qualifications that might or might not be public. Examples are American Express Centurion, Hertz has a Platinum level, etc. Companies know how to take care of their very best clients, even if it's not widely publicized.

I was told on good authority while on our last cruise, during the "most traveled luncheon", that Princess is contemplating an additional tier. It was said that as more passengers reach Platinum and Elite, in order to keep those passengers sailing with Princess, another tier is an absolute necessity.

As an Elite, it makes sense to me!

It was announced at the Regal Princess Captains Circle cocktail party last week that Platinum and Elite levels would be changing to a number of days instead of cruises. Unless I heard incorrectly, I thought the levels were going to be 50 or more days for Platinum and 150 or more for Elite. That sounds like a lot more cruises to reach those levels. No mention was made of another level but they may have not been willing to leak the news yet.

It was announced at the Regal Princess Captains Circle cocktail party last week that Platinum and Elite levels would be changing to a number of days instead of cruises. Unless I heard incorrectly, I thought the levels were going to be 50 or more days for Platinum and 150 or more for Elite. That sounds like a lot more cruises to reach those levels. No mention was made of another level but they may have not been willing to leak the news yet.

If you check your profile on Princess, your number of cruises is not only listed now, but it also gives you your days sailed on Princess. Since we have had reports that this is the way they are going to be handleing it in the UK, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is announced here in the U.S. at some point soon. And yes, what has been reported was 5 cruises or 50 days to make platinum and 15 cruises or 150 days to reach Elite. Seems they are finally going to give credit to those that take longer cruises, finally!

I was told on the Dawn over New Years that they are switching as well. It was kind of interesting instead of hearing people compare I have 25 cruises, I have 40 saying you only have 208 days? One day I WILL be the most cruised and I'll still have my natural hair color when it happens :cool:

As I understand it, they have not taken away the 5 or 15 cruises to reach a tier, but have just added # of days to help people who take longer cruises.

Since Princess instigated the "Elite" tier, I thought they were very generous with benefits......would be very interesting what they would add to another tier!!!

Being a fan of longer cruises, it would be great if Princess would also recognize days at sea as part of the requirement to go to the next level. Let's hope we see that instigated.

Charlie

That is definitely the rumor. If you check our profile on the Princess website, you will see that now they don't only list your number of cruises, but also your days sailed. Keep watching, I think it won't be long until they make it an either or. 50 days or 5 cruises=Platinum 150 days or 15 cruises=Elite.

Here are some perk suggestions for "Super Elite" status:

free shore excursion

automatic upgrade, if available, to next cabin level (inside to outside, outside to balcony, balcony to mini suite)

5% discount on whatever price paid for the cruise

$100-$200 per person shipboard credit depending on cabin booked

VIP Lounge on board ship

Here are some perk suggestions for "Super Elite" status:

free shore excursion

automatic upgrade, if available, to next cabin level (inside to outside, outside to balcony, balcony to mini suite)

5% discount on whatever price paid for the cruise

$100-$200 per person shipboard credit depending on cabin booked

VIP Lounge on board ship

May I also suggest waiver of the corkage fee and free soda sticker?

While there hasn't been an "official" announcement, the Princess website has changed to include the number of days to make Platinum and Elite.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Gold is listed as "2nd through 5th cruises"

Platinum is listed as "6th through 15th cruise or 50 to 149 cruise days"

Elite is listed as "16th cruise and above or 150 cruise days and above"

Also changing are the Internet fee structure for Platinum and above members:

Free Internet Access

Credit Towards Internet Café Packages (effective April 1, 2007)

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days

For out last cruise (27 days) I know we spent more than $400 (2x$200) in internet fees. If nothing else this may make the internet cafe less busy. ;)

For us, we're at 9 cruises and 116 days, so the change to cruises or days works to our advantage. Base on our history, we'll need 2 or 3 more cruises to make elite.

There was no "beyond Elite" level listed.

Jim

Archived