Drive Amalfi

Hi,

I have booked Drive Amalfi for a tour in June. Roberto has been assigned as our guide/driver. Has anyone had Roberto for this tour? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and have a great day!

Karen

Hi Karen,

We used Drive Amalfi last May and it was the highlight of our trip. We are going back in June and have booked them again.

Our driver was Adriano and he was great, we requested him again for our June trip.

We made many stops on the way and they took us to the most amazing family owned restaurant with breathtaking views. The Bufallo Mozarella cheese wrapped in enormous Basil leaves were to die for. Oh! I almost forgot, the unlimited wine and unlimited Limoncella mixed with a beautiful sunny day at the restaurant made for a very reluctant departure.

You will have a most fabulous day with this tour company!:D

Hi Kaz55,

Salvadore is your contact at Drive Amalfi. His email address is *****

He is very prompt about responding to emails. Good luck!!

We booked with him in August for a June cruise. He was already booked but has assigned Roberto to us as our tour guide/driver. Yesterday I did do an advanced search on this thread and did find several good reviews on Roberto and his other driver Adriano. Didnt fsee a negative comment about Drive Amalfi or their drivers/guides.

Karen

We had Salvatore as our tour guide and others in our group had Roberto. We were a group of 7 and I volunteered for the back seat of the van for the important part of the trip which was the long drive down the Amalfi coast. We could barely hear the driver and we felt like second class citizens. After a while we gave up asking him to talk louder. This was a completely different opinion from the people who sat in the front.

• 3 weeks later...

After much searching for a private guide in Amalfi, we decided on Drive Amalfi. I sent an email and received an answer within a day, I answered back and booked with Salvatore.

The tour is not set, and you can stay in any town as long as you like. I'm sure that you can decide on the spot what you want to see. I had asked about maybe seeing Oplontis, and Salvatore's response was that it could be done. We will probably see how the day goes, and decide then.

The only thing I was a bit surprised about was the price. For 2 people it is 450 Euros. If you have more than 2, it works out less expensive per person. I have since learned that Italy is quite expensive.

Mary Lou

Drive Amalphi was our tour company in August, and I really liked working with them. We had a fun day, our driver treated us like family was was a pleasure to be around.

As far as the cost, I found that you will pay $450 euro for 2, but maybe only $50 euro more for a group of 4-6.

You may want to try to form a group over on rollcall. As it is, you are basically paying for some empty seats.

Archived