Seasickness

Run, do not walk, to your nearest drug store (Sav-on, Rite Aid, Longs, etc.). They should carry the motion sickness bands. They cost around $8-10 for a pair. You should find them in the section where they have Dramamine and Bonine. They are the absolute BEST thing around and work great! They are fabric with a little white knob that you wear on your wrists. You position the knob two finger widths up your arm from your wrist. Don't ask me how, but it will stop the nausea signals in your tummy! I have worn mine while cruising, flying AND riding roller coasters. I have never felt sick while wearing the bands and I have an inner ear imbalance that causes me to get motion sick. Pregnant women wear them for morning sickness and I have heard they have worked like a charm for them as well. No medication involved, so it won't interfere with anything else you might be taking. If you also want to take a medication, I recommend Bonine because it is non-drowsy unlike Dramamine.

For those with larger wrists, you can order a wraparound kind from Magellans for about $13 each, I think.

Hope this helps!

We are just off the adventurer of the seas, my daughter's first cruise, and she was very sea-sick the first full day at sea, I told her to get the "sick pills" from customer service, they were free of charge, she took one every 12 hours. They made her feel a lot better. It only bothered her full days at sea.

Yes - Sea Bands are the best bet! Twice I have been cruising and when going through costal waters I have felt a little off. I went back to my cabin, put them on and within 15-20 minutes I was back to normal.

But yes you can still get pills at the purser's desk.

I second the Sea Bands for motion sickness! I also had my doctor perscribe the trans derm scope patch for motion sickness as well. You put it behind your ear, and each one lasts I think 72 hours. Bring some Bonine too just in case. I've never needed all 3, but it's best to be prepared!

Archived