Which ship...Carnival Valor or Legend? Help me decide!!

renee&felix

Hi all!!

New to these boards, my husband and I have been on 1 cruise before, the Carnival Fantasy to the Bahamas in 2002. We are going on another cruise in September 2007 to the Western Carribean, getting a balcony cabin and need suggestions. We have never been to any of the ports listed below.

Here's my question for you cruise fanatics...Which cruise would you take and why?

We are deciding between the Carnival Valor, leaving 9/16/07 from Miami, with stops in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Roatan Islands, Honduras; Belize; and Costa Maya, Mexico; with 2 sea days. Balcony cabins on this ship start at $699. OR...

The Carnival Legend, leaving 9/16/07 from Tampa, with stops in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Belize; Cozumel, Mexio; and Costa Maya, Mexico; with 2 sea days. Balcony cabins on this ship start at $639.

We are flying in the day before the cruise, and airfare to either of these cities is about the same from upstate NY. Would also like recommendations on hotels to stay at for one night. How are both of these airports? Easy to navigate? THANK YOU for any suggestions on which cruise to take.

Personally, I prefer the Port of Tampa to the Port of Miami ... that cruise being cheaper would pretty much seal the deal for me right there. I haven't been on Legend (only Miracle - same class), and I don't think you give up on too much in terms of ammenties to go from Valor to Legend. Legend will be a smaller ship, but I think that is a good thing in terms of space and flow.

Archived