Millennium Left FLL, Turned Around and Came Back to Port

kitty9

Hi Lois,

Never looked at it like you were disputing the other post, just letting Blanco-Grande know someone else experienced the same thing. Glad it worked out well for others. Really wasn't a big deal, just disappointing at the end of a great cruise. Of course, the end of a great cruise is a disappointment in itself, right?

Katy

I was in 6104, the best part of the cruise was my butler Alex...:D

the worst..no olives in the martini bar from the first night and ya

where is my credit for no escargot after monday night..ha ha ha

but they did keep promising them...our waiter looked like Jeffrey Toller from the old 7 up commercials..the UNCOLA

oh yea i get getting stupip little annoying charges like from the mini bar when we didnt use it and soda charges when i had a soda card, they finnally fixed everything except $3.75 I just gave up... they blamed it on computer problems...I also went to book 3 future cruises with on board sales....made an appointment..waited 2 days ..then was told that on the cruises i wanted only royal suites or sold out..i told him impossible i had just check before i left and these were a year in advance..anyway when i went home and checked on the internet site everything was mosty wide open...guess they just wanted to upsale or get out of giving the lil $100 on board credit....

I find Celebrity customer service, very lacking in knowledge, and really they do not seem to care, the butler room attend and most people on board are excellent, they need to spend some money on cust service classes,for the rest..... they are like "pleasanty stupid"..:confused:

especially that Miramar group

Too bad about missing Dominica... been there on two cruises and that was my favorite island of any I have been to before or since. Roatan was a close second.

I think the $350 per cabin was most generous. Was that for everyone or just for the suite passengers?

Honestly, while I would be disappointed, I could not imagine being soured up on a cruise by something like an engine problem. Seven sea days is a whole lot better than staying home and working!!

Too bad about missing Dominica... been there on two cruises and that was my favorite island of any I have been to before or since. Roatan was a close second.

I think the $350 per cabin was most generous. Was that for everyone or just for the suite passengers?

Honestly, while I would be disappointed, I could not imagine being soured up on a cruise by something like an engine problem. Seven sea days is a whole lot better than staying home and working!!

Hi salty dingo,

I think they were refering to the Dominican Republic, and not Dominica. I agree Dominica is a beautiful island.:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi gang,

Lauren and I disembarked the 12/17 Millennium cruise late, and even saw Lois in line.(Hi Lois:) ). It was a breeze. Lauren and I were the first couple off the Century last spring, and one of the last passengers off the Millennium. After 26 cruises I've learned the first hour of disembarkation is always a zoo, so if we can't get off first, we exit our cabin late, eat breakfast, and head to the promenade deck and relax. Really easy to spot your bags when your bag-tag area has been "picked" clean.

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel. We thought the Millennium disembarkation process lacked organization and was very confusing. We would have done exactly what you and Lauren did but we didn't know you could get out on the promenade deck to relax and wait for awhile for things to settle down. We got in the messy line in the theatre area that Katy mentioned and then we crowded our way though the mass of people and sat in the upper balcony chairs and waited for tan disembarkation color to be called which was our turn. Somewhere in all of this we saw Lois and were able to chat a bit and say goodbye.

We usually just about last to get off on Princess, hanging out in the Oasis Cafe and never had to go through the disembarkation zoo. Now we know how to do it on Celebrity thanks to your good information.:) Love finding our bags (all together and for the most part all alone) after everyone else has picked through the area. Doing it this way works for us because we always schedule a late afternoon flight. Anyone with an early flight or plans has to jump into the fray.

Nothing is perfect. Due to a 'glitch' by an employee, we were late off our disembarkation on an RCCL ship in Ft.L on Saturday. (Had a wonderful time!) When we arrived at 'lavender' one of our suitcases was sitting in solitary state!! Obviously this is easy to see - problem was, we had two!:D After much running around and searching, a porter brought the other in from outside the customs area. Some 'kind' person had picked up our suitcase and taken it outside not bothering to return it when they discovered it belonged to someone else!! Might not have happened had we arrived at the area on time!! Swings and roundabouts as usual.

Disembarkation was bad - only two immigration officers!! Can't blame the cruise line!!

Archived