? about Old San Juan

Sandi149

Hi,

My husband and I will be going on a cruise in June and our first stop is San Juan. The ship arrives around 3PM. I have some questions.

1. How easy is it to get a cab from the pier to El Morro fort? Also, is it easy to get a cab back down from the Fort into Old San Juan or should we just walk down ourselves?

2. Is Old San Juan safe to walk around at night?

3. Any suggestions for restaurants in the area not too far from the pier? Nothing very expensive. Just a nice moderately priced restaurant that isn't a tourist trap. Also, since we will probably be wearing shorts and sneakers, do the restaurants have a dress code?

Thanks for any ideas. :)

Sandi, there are a LOT of cabs right at the pier to take you up to El Morro. The fort is at the top of Old San Juan; therefore, you just have to walk down the hill to go through the town.

We have walked around OSJ at night - we are just sure, like in any other town, to keep in the mainstream of things.

The last time we were there we asked a local where she like to eat. We ended up at El Jabarito and had a great meal that wasn't expensive, and had food that we don't eat here in VA. (I don't remember its address :() Here is a thread about restaurants in OSJ that might be of help.

I hope you enjoy OSJ as much as we do.

Sandi, there are a LOT of cabs right at the pier to take you up to El Morro. The fort is at the top of Old San Juan; therefore, you just have to walk down the hill to go through the town.

We have walked around OSJ at night - we are just sure, like in any other town, to keep in the mainstream of things.

The last time we were there we asked a local where she like to eat. We ended up at El Jabarito and had a great meal that wasn't expensive, and had food that we don't eat here in VA. (I don't remember its address :() Here is a thread about restaurants in OSJ that might be of help.

I hope you enjoy OSJ as much as we do.

Thanks for your reply. :) Can you tell me approximately how far of a walk it is down the hill from El Morro into the main part of Old San Juan? Do you think it's more than a 15 minute walk?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. :) Can you tell me approximately how far of a walk it is down the hill from El Morro into the main part of Old San Juan? Do you think it's more than a 15 minute walk?

Thanks.

yes, more than 15 minutes. bring some comfortable shoes.

Archived