Conquest - Don't miss or just skip

TXHappyCruiser

The only thing I didn't see here as a "don't miss" was the Newlywed Game. My wife and I went to this in November and thought it was the best event/show we went to.

Also, don't miss dinner at The Point. It is well worth the extra cost.

Finally, don't miss the Mardi Gras party on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun!

I saw somebody say don't miss the Sushi bar, however, I have to disagree. It wasn't all that good.

Hi All,

I saw this thread and thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself!

My name is Dave and I am going to the Conquest on Jan 14th, I will be working on-board as the Karaoke Host for around 8 weeks! Dave

p.s. I am English so please don't hold it against me..lol!

Hi Dave! My DH and I LOVE the Conquest! Unfortunately, we won't be cruising with you during your stay this time, but maybe we will catch you on a future cruise. On our last cruise on Nov. 26, the highlight of our stay on the Conquest was dining with our waiters Marius and MeHai, from Romania. They are in the Renoir dining room for dinner and in the Monet for breakfast and lunch. We requested their table every day for breakfast and lunch! Please look them up and tell them that "Stacy's Mama and dad" said Hi!" My DH even went so far as to say that Marius and MeHai MUST be our waiters on our next Conquest cruise, or we're not going. (Hmmmm.... HE might not go, but I would have to go anyway! LOL!)

Enjoy your stay on the Conquest. What an awesome ship she is!! I would LOVE to be in your shoes and able to stay aboard for 8 weeks! :D

Hi All,

My name is Dave and I am going to the Conquest on Jan 14th, I will be working on-board as the Karaoke Host for around 8 weeks! I have not been on the this ship before but I have heard some great things about it and am looking forward to it! I hope to see as many of you there as possible and please come on in and introduce yourselves as that is what helps to make a real nice atmosphere amongst the people in the karaoke room! And it does bode well for the entire cruise! The Legends Show is a reasonably new thing that Carnival have introduced and it is ny a long way one of the best shows of the cruise (going on past ship experience totalling 5 now)! So for those of you that will be cruising in those 8 weeks, if I do see you then fantastic and if i don't then I hope you have a wonderful cruise anyway!

Feel free to ask any questions in the next couple of days before I go and I will gladly answer them if I can!

Enjoy

Dave

Hello Dave!!

BF and I will be there on the 4th of Feb also! (WOOHOO shout out to Robtx!!) We plan on spending quite a bit of time karaoke'ing. Ok.. well BF will.. I am more of a 'watcher' which is best for all involved... trust me!! We are looking forward to meeting you. I hope you enjoy your time on the Conquest!

See you in 25 days!!!!

-Gretchen

Hey Dave we won't be on the Conquest until April 15th so we'll miss you too, bummer! I do have huge favor though, can you find out if/when Blood Power will be leaving the ship? Thanks in advance and have fun on the Conquest!

Celebration 10/00

Celebration 5/01

Conquest 11/06 :( cancelled

Conquest 4/15/07 :D

Ecstasy 1/12/08:D Girl's Getaway/40th Birthday Bash

Check out the "Gold by the inch" sale, but be aware before you get there that most of what you'd want costs more than $1.00 per inch, and clasps are extra.

Be advised though that the "Gold by the inch" is only a thin gold plate and will turn most people's skin green if you wear them very often. We bought both of our sons one and by the end of the first month of them wearing them, the plating wore off. Waste of money.

This is my and hubby's 2nd cruise, first with Carnival. We are sailing next month and are super excited about it.

I have a question about the Point, I have heard some say skip it, others say it's wonderful, but if you do not eat any meat besides fish and seafood, is it worth the extra cost? Also, what does a meal there include?

Thanks! I am learning so much here!

VLD

event.png

I find it amazing that people who have been on the Conquest did not tell you about the best band and that would be BLOOD POWER.

Do not miss them.

Robb

I agree, BLOOD POWER is not to be missed! They are great. :D

Someone else mentioned Sunset Beach - it was my best experience in Jamaica so far.

Also, the Newlywed/Not-So-Newlywed game is don't miss. Funny stuff. :p

Julie

LOL! Well, I guess it's all in how much time you like to spend in your cabin, in front of the TV. I'd much rather be there in person than to sit in the room and watch the replay on TV. And we loved the goodies Neil gave us last time. :)

In our defense, we had a balcony and wine in our room, so relaxing incabin for a few hours became a daily ritual :D

Hi All,

I myself am a professed Anglophile; would love to retire (early!) in the beautiful countryside of England. Whereabout are you from, Dave? and Welcome to Cruise Critic:D

I agree, BLOOD POWER is not to be missed! They are great. :D

Someone else mentioned Sunset Beach - it was my best experience in Jamaica so far.

Also, the Newlywed/Not-So-Newlywed game is don't miss. Funny stuff. :p

Julie

Julie:

Glad that you concur on Blood Power. I did not make it to Sunset Beach. Wish I had.

Robb

Ha ha Nice Rob can't wait for the 8 of you to come on in! Just remember that 'Scaryoke' is after all about fun not professionals so they will be more than welcome..lol! I look forward to seeing them sing and if you can't make them let me know and maybe I can..lol!

See you in 3 and half short weeks!

Dave

Dave

dw and I will be joining you from Canada on Feb.25. We will drop by to say hi as I haven't done karioke since I had way too many rum and then sang Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. That was indeed very scary.

Mike and Connie

Lots of good "Don't Misses" above.

Just Skip:

- Buying ANYTHING at the art auction (watch for hidden fees to buy a $35 "tube" for mailing).

- The free health classes in the gym that lead you to a $100 "body age" assessment, that leads you to a recommendation for a $800- $2000 body

"detox" program (don't get me started!).

Just back from the Conquest and I guarantee you that you will have a GREAT time!!

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been on CC for a couple of days, all that last minute packing and stuff..lol! Also i was not getting the email updates for this thread...don't know why?

Anyways:

Grits53 I will definately look up those guys for you and say Hi! I have seen lots of people like yourselves and comments to the same effect that the servers are so important to the cruise for you all! They will be happy that you remember them and think so highly of them! Thank you for that!

Cruisin RnG I am now looking forward to the 4th of feb for more than 1 reason! I get to meet you guys and watch the BF sing and maybe you if we can get some drinks into you..lol! And also my GF gets on the ship that day too and I have not seen her since November So I will be a very happy host that cruise...lol! See you then!

Tisabee I am sorry that I will miss you sometimes though the contracts do get extended so who knows maybe? But if not then I do hope you have a wonderful cruise and I am sure the karaoke host that is there will help make it a good one for you!

Guienevere England is a nice place but very expensive for the most part so be prepared if you do come on over! The countryside as we call it is very beautiful though so no shortage of wonderful sights to see! I am from the East side of London, on the Borders with Essex! It's ok but not for me to settle in!..lol! If you do then enjoy every minute of it!

sjturfman: Mike and Connie I am definately looking forward to meeting you guys too! And if we can get another rendition of that song I will be a happy guy..:-) Don't panic the bar is open all the time the karaoke is..lol! Where in Canada are you from? GF is from Edmonton, Alberta, am thinking of living over there when I am done on the ships!

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been on CC for a couple of days, all that last minute packing and stuff..lol! Also i was not getting the email updates for this thread...don't know why?

Anyways:

Grits53 I will definately look up those guys for you and say Hi! I have seen lots of people like yourselves and comments to the same effect that the servers are so important to the cruise for you all! They will be happy that you remember them and think so highly of them! Thank you for that!

Cruisin RnG I am now looking forward to the 4th of feb for more than 1 reason! I get to meet you guys and watch the BF sing and maybe you if we can get some drinks into you..lol! And also my GF gets on the ship that day too and I have not seen her since November So I will be a very happy host that cruise...lol! See you then!

Tisabee I am sorry that I will miss you sometimes though the contracts do get extended so who knows maybe? But if not then I do hope you have a wonderful cruise and I am sure the karaoke host that is there will help make it a good one for you!

Guienevere England is a nice place but very expensive for the most part so be prepared if you do come on over! The countryside as we call it is very beautiful though so no shortage of wonderful sights to see! I am from the East side of London, on the Borders with Essex! It's ok but not for me to settle in!..lol! If you do then enjoy every minute of it!

sjturfman: Mike and Connie I am definately looking forward to meeting you guys too! And if we can get another rendition of that song I will be a happy guy..:-) Don't panic the bar is open all the time the karaoke is..lol! Where in Canada are you from? GF is from Edmonton, Alberta, am thinking of living over there when I am done on the ships!

Dave

Both Connie and I are from Nova Scotia and now make our home in New Brunswick. See you soon

I know alot of people have mentioned Blood Power. They were my favorite part of the cruise on the Conquest last week!

Unfortunantly though, they won't be on the Conquest in May when you sail. They'll be on the Liberty by then according to Goin'Crusin. Maybe you could move your cruise up to March...:p

P.S. If you like pasta, don't miss the pasta station in the buffet on the Lido Deck. I didn't discover it til the next to the last day of our cruise...and I LOVE pasta!

I can't believe only 1 person has mentioned the sandwich shop!:confused: This a DO NOT MISS... IMHO! [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Amazing reubens[/COLOR][/FONT]! Ditto on the padded chairs! Your going to have a great time! Happy crusin'!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
THANK YOU
to everyone who has taken the time to answer on this thread
this thread is a DONT MISS for someone like me who can't do enough research before a vacation.
One question about Sunset Beach, has anyone done Sunset and the $5 Doctors Cave Beach Club, what would you suggest.
Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='jscott918']im wondering what day they have the past guest party and where anyone know ?[/quote]
Last September it was held in the theater. I don't remember what day.

I'll be getting off the ship when you get on next October! :D

Archived