Houston hotel and transportation?

Grayseaface

Houston has two Airports. IAH is north of town and HOU is south of town. The city is also serviced by two cruise terminals. One is The Port of Houston which is located on Upper Galveston Bay. The other is the Port of Galveston which is on Galveston island.

Many hotels in the vicinity of the airports offer airport shuttles but none will offer cruise pier shuttles. Some hotels in Galveston will offer shuttles to the pier but not the airports. I am unaware of any hotels near the Port of Houston that offer shuttles to the pier, perhaps someone else does. I doubt any of these hotels will have airport shuttles though.

Hello Grayseaface! It will depend upon which airport you are flying into (Bush or Hobby) and what time your flight gets in and which port you want to get to. If its Galveston, most of us here will recommend http://www.galvestonlimosineservice.com, but be aware that their airport shuttles into Galveston stop running at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. respectively. What ship are you on?

We're flying in to Houston on the 19th and cruising the 20th. We're looking for a convenient and cheap-ish hotel, one with shuttle service from the airport or to the sea port would be a BIG plus. Any ideas?

Consider going all the way to Galveston before checking into a hotel.

Then....relax.

Your vacation is about to start. :)

Lots of hotels in Galveston will offer a free shuttle to the ship in the morning.

I see on another thread that the OP is sailing on NCL out of the Port of Houston, not Galveston . . . . . so I'm going to hang up my Little Miss Helpful hat now . . . . I wonder how often people show up at the wrong pier in Texas???

Oh.

OK.

Well, do you have room there for my hat? :eek:

Archived