?? about Hertz in cruise terminal in Galveston

Lorabelle

From reading on the board here, I was under the impression that there is a Hertz office in the terminal.

I booked a car post cruise to take to the airport. I was told that I will have to board a shuttle to go to the Hertz office to pick up my car. The lady on the phone said that the office in the terminal isn't actually a rental site. It's basically an information booth that can give you rental info and direct you to the offsite place.

Is this true? I tried to reserve through the local number in Galveston, but they referred me to a national line which is who I spoke with. I'm just hoping that she doesn't know what she's talking about since she isn't even in Houston.

Lori

Lori,

She knows what she is talking about.

When we got off Splendour's transatlantic, I waited with the luggage while my husband boarded the shuttle and signed the contract. He was back in about 30-45 minutes with the rental car.

Fran

I plan on using Enterprise. Going from Houston Hobby to Galveston, I was told there was a $60 add'l charge. When I talked to the Galveston office, they said if rented off site - 1 mile down the road from Houston Hobby, I wouldn't have to pay the $60. Plan on reserving the rental this week. Figure I'll use them on the return also.

Michelle

OK, so since the offsite info seems to be correct, here's another question. The lady on the phone said that Hertz has a shuttle pickup from the cruise terminal 3 times. 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30. Is that also correct? I would have imagined they would have a shuttle running continuously or at least on call. I'd hate to get off the ship at 8:40 and then have to wait until 10:30 for the next shuttle to pick up our car.

Enterprise's price for a comparable vehicle isn't much more, I wonder if I'd be better off with them. I know I would be if there are only 3 shuttle pickups.

Anyone who has any experience, please share!

Lori

OK, so since the offsite info seems to be correct, here's another question. The lady on the phone said that Hertz has a shuttle pickup from the cruise terminal 3 times. 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30. Is that also correct? I would have imagined they would have a shuttle running continuously or at least on call. I'd hate to get off the ship at 8:40 and then have to wait until 10:30 for the next shuttle to pick up our car.

Enterprise's price for a comparable vehicle isn't much more, I wonder if I'd be better off with them. I know I would be if there are only 3 shuttle pickups.

Anyone who has any experience, please share!

Lori

Archived