Amadeus Amalegro Ultimate River Cruise

mattie00

Sad face, thumbs down because I have posted this 3 times and received no responses leading me to believe that we will be the only cruisers. Are you on this cruise? First river cruise for us although we have done Norwegian 11-day Hawaii cruise and February 2 will be doing Norwegian Star 8-day Mexican Riviera. Never been to Europe so that is also a first.;)

Mattie, you probably ARE the only one from Cruise Critic on this particular sailing. Keep in mind that a river cruise usually has around 100 passengers as compared to the 3,000 or more on the Behemouth of the Seas and of the 232,000 members of Cruise Critic Forums maybe 10%, or 23,000 ever look at the River Cruising Thread. That makes the odds pretty slim that you will ever find someone else on the very same voyage as you. It happenes once in a while but not often.

But cheer up! Only nice people do river cruises so put a smile on your face and you will meet lots of new friends while having a wonderful time on the river!

Clarence:)

You will not be alone. There are so few people on board the river cruise and not many use Cruise Critic, too bad for them. We are going to enjoy the same cruise in August, I can't wait. No sad face or thumbs down here. Read the post Buck did about being "live on the Amadeaus" and you will have a happy face in no time. I don't know if anyone else posts here from our trip, but I know that my hubby will be with me and we will make new friends and see the most fabulous ports on the Danube.

Thanks Alice. I have noted Buck's postings with great interest as well as several others who have posted about cruising the Danube. I used the message boards a lot before we did our first ocean cruise and as a result did not feel overwhelmed when we boarded and spent a lot less time trying to figure things out!:)

Mattie

We did actually try to book your cruise but couldn't get the required cabin so we are now happily booked on the MS Sound Of Music out of Budapest on July 14 and I can't find a single soul who has travelled on that ship either?

Have a good one

Macca

Tasmania

Thanks for the reference AliceS and Mattie. My thread is way down the list now on page 2 but I am going to post an update soon on my missing camera. We just sent in the insurance forms so hopefully we'll get some good feedback.

Speaking of feedback - Our cruise on the Amadagio was our first river cruise and my wife and I enjoyed it so much that we are planning another in 2008. We can't do one this year as we are already booked to go to South Carolina in Feb. We are putting our house up for sale at the end of Jan and expect to close on our new house in June. I think we'll be pretty busy getting settled into our new digs to think about cruising for a while, besides in November I have invited my two grown kids to join us at our time share in Hawaii in November, so that pretty much takes care of the year.

We are looking at doing the Prague to Moscow trip or something like that, but we'll make up our minds in when we get together with our travelling companions at Christmas this year. Oops, I'm rambling.

Back to the topic - river cruises are great because there are not that many people on board with you and you will get the opportunity to generate many new friends. We still keep in touch with about six couples from our cruise.

Buck

Archived