Guar Cabin Downgrade Suggestions?

Has anyone ever had this happen. We booked a cat H OV guarantee, H or higher (or deck 3 or higher) RIGHT. Got assigned deck 2 (cat I). Called they said OV guarantee can be anywhere on ship?, But.....when I called to book (directly with RCCL) that is NOT what they TOLD me, and I could have booked the level I (deck 2) for $180 LESS. I feel like I was scammed, lied to and cheated. I did not expect the penthouse or even a balcony, I expected AT LEAST A level 3 (as promised), and HOPED for better (as this is how a guarantee is sposed to work, right?) When I called, they said, sorry, the guy should not have told me that?! That makes me no less upset! What should I do?

Has anyone ever had this happen. We booked a cat H OV guarantee, H or higher (or deck 3 or higher) RIGHT. Got assigned deck 2 (cat I). Called they said OV guarantee can be anywhere on ship?, But.....when I called to book (directly with RCCL) that is NOT what they TOLD me, and I could have booked the level I (deck 2) for $180 LESS. I feel like I was scammed, lied to and cheated. I did not expect the penthouse or even a balcony, I expected AT LEAST A level 3 (as promised), and HOPED for better (as this is how a guarantee is sposed to work, right?) When I called, they said, sorry, the guy should not have told me that?! That makes me no less upset! What should I do?

Never happened to me, but I thought if you book a category guarantee it is for that category. Did you book yourself or are you using a TA? If a TA, they will resolve it for you. If yourself, call back and get another opinion from the CSR who answers the phone. Others have posted here that you can give back the guarantee cabin and go back in the pool for a different one. If that fails after going up the chain, consider either canceling and rebooking if without penalty, or transfering booking to a TA if you have not made final payment. Are there any other discounts available

Never happened to me, but I thought if you book a category guarantee it is for that category. Did you book yourself or are you using a TA? If a TA, they will resolve it for you. If yourself, call back and get another opinion from the CSR who answers the phone. Others have posted here that you can give back the guarantee cabin and go back in the pool for a different one. If that fails after going up the chain, consider either canceling and rebooking if without penalty, or transfering booking to a TA if you have not made final payment. Are there any other discounts available?

My question: did you book an OV guarantee or a H guarantee? They are 2 different things. Do you have anything that shows where you booked the H guarantee instead of the OV guarantee? For example, did you get your reservation information emailed to you that you could print off.

Final pmt made, cruise in 30 days. Booked direct with Royal C. They said they understood Why I was upset, but did nothing to correct, and put me in AT LEAST A CAT H?? I did not know if writing a letter would do me any good.

Have you called back and gotten any farther with your request?

Final pmt made, cruise in 30 days. Booked direct with Royal C. They said they understood Why I was upset, but did nothing to correct, and put me in AT LEAST A CAT H?? I did not know if writing a letter would do me any good.

Have you called back and gotten any farther with your request? Either a fax or email might be faster. Confirm anything you have in writing regarding Cat. H guarantee, not just OV guarantee. Sorry for your problem, however if I wasn't clear on everything in advance, or had a lot of experience in booking, I think I would use a TA. I hope it works out. Keep trying.

Thanks for your suggestions! I guess I should have used a TA instead of RCCL, sure will next time?? I was not given an option of email, but the screen says they will be mailed to me. I was told on the phone CAT H or higher, that was why I was upset when I was put on level 2 which was the same room I reserved with cruise 411 for $180 less, RC agent told me I would be AT LEAST one deck up (oh well live and learn):mad:

Archived