Princess Dock In LA, Best Airport

guardhouse

Princess uses the World Cruise Center in San Pedro as does some other cruiselines. Usually only Carnival uses Long Beach.

When you enter the WCC, you'll go past a guard gate. Then you'll see a sign listing that day's ships and what berths they are in with arrows directing you.

As for airport, you can use Long Beach or LAX. But not every airline uses LB. LAX can be quite hectic for the newbie. There are taxis and shuttles that can get you from either airport and San Pedro. The airport hotels are basically for those with an early flight...not much around there. Not much around SP either (very industrial with a few hotels and some restaurants... if you stay there, it's for the proximity, not for the sights).

• 2 weeks later...
Is it too far to fly into John Wayne Airport/Orange COunt to get to San Perdo Pier?

Great photos!

Diamond Princess, May 2004

Diamond Princess, May 2005

Grand Princess, March 2006

Mariner of The Seas, September 2006

Define "too far." You could fly to San Francisco and drive to the pier. It would be a six or seven hour drive, but you could do it.

Too answer your question the best I can, it is about 25 - 30 miles from John Wayne Airport to the pier. I looked it up and measured it (on a map). Frankly I am surprised, because I would have guessed at something closer to 40 - 50 miles. However, not all of the 25 - 30 miles is freeway. If you want to take the freeway the entire way, it is closer to 35 miles. You would take the 405 (San Diego) Freeway north to the 110 (Harbor) Freeway and take the 110 Freeway south to the Harbor Blvd. exit (the last exit before the bridge). I would allow one hour to be safe, though it is probably more likely a 45 minute drive.

Archived