Cabo Souvenir Help Requested

suziehmkr

Hello Cruisers!

We are fresh back from the Mexican Riviera on the Carnival Pride. I will post a review of our ports in a couple of days.

However, I am hoping to catch someone that will be in Cabo in the very near future that can help me.

On the walkway near the tender dock, I purchased a beautiful tile that was handpainted with a Carnival ship, etc. We purchased it and they packaged it up for us. However, they didn't tell us that it was still wet. Back on the ship, I took it out of the packaging. I tried to wipe something off of it and smeared the entire tile! I was almost in tears. It was packaged with a space, but if had known it was wet, I would have left it alone.

I am looking for someone that is willing to purchase another tile for me. I paid $15 for it. I am willing to pay for a new one, plus postage for anyone that would be so very kind to do this for me. I have been on the boards for a few years, and I am a very trustworthy person.

If you can help me, please email me at my yahoo address: inkflamingos@yahoo.com Please put Cruise Critic Cabo in the subject so that I know it isn't spam. I can take a picture of the one that I have so that you know what I mean and I will tell you exactly where to find the vendor.

Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cruisers!

Even though I had a very generous offer from a fellow Cruise Critic member, the rain in Cabo kept her from being able to help. I am so grateful that she even tried.

If you are sailing soon and think you might want to try to help - please contact me at the email in the first post.

THANKS!!

I purchased one of those tiles 2 years ago in December. Is it the dark blue tiles with various pictures of Cabo and so on. I will be in Cabo on February 11th on the Celebrity Mercury. Send me an email and I will try and help you out.

Once again - THANK YOU to everyone that has offered to help me out of my little issue. Cruise Critic is wonderful! I have found someone else that is going to try to help me. If you all don't mind, I will keep your information and if for some WILD reason it doesn't work, I would like to ask again.

I hope that someday I can help someone else out the same way.

I have attached a picture of my ruined tile - since I got several emails asking what it looked like.

THANKS!

1352631764_CaboTile.jpg.91edf72d4f3f2fc4bf1e91175820c858.jpg

Wow, that's pretty. I can see now why you were so disappointed. Keep me in mind if you still need help in May.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. Imagine my surprise when I went to brush away the little piece of styrofoam... I almost cried as I stared at the paint on my hand! I know it is just a tile, but I loved it when I saw it. ;) He paints them with his fingers! Pretty amazing to watch.

Archived