? for anyone who has been to the Parrot Club

Sandi149

Hi,

My husband and I will be in San Juan this June on our cruise from 3PM to midnight. We would like to go to the Parrot Club for drinks and appetizers. Since we will be visiting El Morro Fort first and we will be wearing shorts and sneakers, will they still let us in? Is there a dress code there? Does it get very crowded?

Thanks. :)

Hi,

My husband and I will be in San Juan this June on our cruise from 3PM to midnight. We would like to go to the Parrot Club for drinks and appetizers. Since we will be visiting El Morro Fort first and we will be wearing shorts and sneakers, will they still let us in? Is there a dress code there? Does it get very crowded?

Thanks. :)

I don't know about the evenings there, but we had a late lunch (3pm maybe?) and had walked down from the forts. I was in capris & halter top and my hubby was in shorts. The other people I saw eating in there were all in casual clothes, shorts and sundresses mostly. The food was really good and you must try the PARROT PASSION. It is a tropical fruity frozen rum drunk that they make there. My hubby had the mojitos and he said they were good too.

I too do not remember if there is a dress code. I went at night and was dressed up.

Check times. They close after lunch and dont reopen untill 6 or 7pm!

You may want to call them (if you have a nation wide cellphone plan the call is covered)...

• 2 weeks later...

How expensive is the Parrot Club and what type of menu do they have? We have one teenage son who is a fussy eater and I'm just wondering if it's purely Mexican type food or do they have American type food also, such as chicken fingers, pasta or pizza. Is it a dressy place? Do you need a reservation?

How expensive is the Parrot Club and what type of menu do they have? We have one teenage son who is a fussy eater and I'm just wondering if it's purely Mexican type food or do they have American type food also, such as chicken fingers, pasta or pizza. Is it a dressy place? Do you need a reservation?

It's not Mexican, Nuevo Latino

Here is the menu

http://www.oofrestaurants.com/parrotclub/menus.htm

• 2 weeks later...

If you sit outside and are fully dressed, you will wilt. Parrot Club is a grille styled kitchen and isn't too fancy. Anything goes except I would not go in flip flops, tube tops or bathing suits (that would be inappropriate for the place). You do not need to wear a dress or dress shirts. I've gone a number of times in dockers and a polo. I would have no issue if I was in jeans and sneakers although it would be more casual than the majority. Hope that gives you an idea. There is nothing stuffy about it. As far as food, you might be ok with picky kids, but I'm not too sure. That would be the thing I would be more focused on when you contact them. Most dishes are a modern puertorican twist. Guava, plantain, etc. are examples of what they weave into their dishes. I always encourage americans to go there when visiting to get an idea of local food. It eases them into the cuisine without culture shock for those less adventureous with food. Never heard of a bad experience. Hope that helps!

Archived