Celebrity names 3rd Solstice class ship

dkjretired

I was hoping for HELIOS.

An Eclipse always inspired fear in primitive society

and the word can be used in diferent ways as in "the Eclipse of the X way of cruising...":cool:

We now know that Celestial is the basis for the new names and I'm rooting for the Eclipse to mean 'surpass'!! Looking forward to the maiden voyage of Solstice and, who knows, maybe other maiden voyages are in my future!!

Hi Everyone !

While I like the name, that ever popular relationship between Car models and Ships continues. I agree with Arno (C2C) that Helios would have been a most interesting name, as well as a name that would not likely to be copied by another Cruise line. However, I figured that Celebrity would go with something most Cruise passengers would relate to, and therfore Eclipse makes a little more sense.

Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse.... I cant wait to see all 3 Ships make their debut in 2008, 2009, and 2010 !

Don, I'd all but forgotten about that guy; wonder if he's "reincarnated" himself on this board? :D

He shows up every once in awhile on this board, doesn't use another name. I believe he is very active with a chat room and he still has his cruise web site.

I was hoping for HELIOS.

An Eclipse always inspired fear in primitive society

and the word can be used in diferent ways as in "the Eclipse of the X way of cruising...":cool:

Good evening Arno,

Another slant on this: Should X go thru another series of newbuilds for post 2010, how do you top an ''eclipse'' ??? Hard act to follow....

Of course, it would be hard to face the unthinkable reality of '' The Eclipse of the X way of cruising'' as you hint above.

Cheers to Joanne

Ciao

;)

Archived