Camp carnival for 9yo?

Illinoisgal

What activities do the 9 year old do in CC? My son has an autism disorder which is not apparant to most people, he just seems a bit sensitive or ADD at times. I am worried that the 9 year old group can sighn themselves out? What sort of activities do they do? We just got back from the Elation and he was 2 weeks shy of being 8. They were awesome and let him stay with the younger ones when they went to shows etc. Just looking for what he will do next Feb so i can plan. thanks!!

My 11yo DD has Aspergers. We are going to ask them to make it so she can't sign herself out. We are also going to try and get one of the little kids pagers for us. I have been told that we can do both of these things.

She is perfectly fine and no one knows she is disabled... until something goes wrong. Then she has no ability to cope.

Hope this helps.

that is what my son has too! He loves crusing but I was worried about the signing in and out as he will have no concept of what to do, where to go etc. DO you know if they will not let her sign herself out? I have heard that they wont stop them, but that is for kids w/o these traits. We were able to get a pager this last month with no problem. There were only about 20 kids on the sailing too which was awesome. He got to play with his newly adopted 2.5 year old cousin alot which was nice.

my DD turned 9 b/4 our july cruise and i wasn't thrilled w/ the signing out part (IMO, I think that's still too young). at first we did not give permission, then we did give permission b/c we were told she needed to have it to venture w/ the group from one area of the ship to the next, or something like that.

but even after we gave the permission, we told her to wait for us to pick her up. i just wasn't comfortable w/ it, so that's the way it went. we had the schedule, so we always knew where the group was. she wld wait for us, and everything was fine.

Archived