Destination New Zealand

Youngjude

If anyone needs information about New Zealand, please don't hesitate to email me and I will be happy to help. We have done 10 cruises now and know what its like to arrive in a strange place!

happy to help or give advice on New Zealand....we are a couple in our 60's and live in Auckland........

Judy & Barry

currin@xtra.co.nz

• 8 months later...

Hi,

We will be on a cruise to New Zealand in Oct/Nov. I am trying to plan a tour in Tauranga. They take you to several place and they are basically similar except one goes to Hell's Gate and the other goes to Wai-0-Tapu. Which one would you suggest that we see?

Thank you for posting.

I am also going to post this on-line since other people might be interested in the answer.

Gerry

Hi,

We will be on a cruise to New Zealand in Oct/Nov. I am trying to plan a tour in Tauranga. They take you to several place and they are basically similar except one goes to Hell's Gate and the other goes to Wai-0-Tapu. Which one would you suggest that we see?

Thank you for posting.

I am also going to post this on-line since other people might be interested in the answer.

Gerry

Kia ora,

Rotorua is a 'must see' in the North Island. As Rotorua residents I tend to agree with Mipps. Tauranga is the port where cruise ship passengers visiting Rotorua dock. The thermal area is extensive. Hells Gate is on the way in to Rotorua and Wai o tapu is about another half hour's drive past the town, on the way to Lake Taupo. The geyser at Wai o tapu plays each morning and the variety of water coloursand rgemal activity is amazing - boiling mud pools, hot pools etc. The web sites given should help your decision, There are a number of other thermal areas to see in town if you don't venture out, Eg. Whaka village & Te Puia.

There is also the lakes (great trout) forrest & mountains, plus of course the people, Rotorua being a centre of Maori culture.

Please let us know if any further help required.

Ka kite ano

Aquariansicon7.gificon7.gif

If anyone needs information about New Zealand, please don't hesitate to email me and I will be happy to help. We have done 10 cruises now and know what its like to arrive in a strange place!

happy to help or give advice on New Zealand....we are a couple in our 60's and live in Auckland........

Judy & Barry

currin@xtra.co.nz

We are scheduled on the Sapphire sailing 2/2/08 Syd - Auckland. However, when the cruise is ended, we have 5 days to explore a bit. My only request is to see the Bay of Islands. What else may you suggest?

PinkSuit

I am doing a bit of research on our upcoming trip and Wai O Tapu sounds great.....but it costs quite a bit thru the cruiseline...how can I get there inexpensivley...bus ? train? I figure it would cost a fortune by Taxi since I found a website that told me it's about 1 hr and 14 minute drive. Any help would be appreciated greatly also another choice would be the Black Labrynth tour at Waltomo...anybody done this .which do you prefer? How could i get there again inexpensivley? Thats about it for now there are 3 other ports of call in NZ and I'm psyched,but since y'all are so friendly I figured I'd draw on your expertise.

Thanks,

Andy

I am doing a bit of research on our upcoming trip and Wai O Tapu sounds great.....but it costs quite a bit thru the cruiseline...how can I get there inexpensivley...bus ? train? I figure it would cost a fortune by Taxi since I found a website that told me it's about 1 hr and 14 minute drive. Any help would be appreciated greatly also another choice would be the Black Labrynth tour at Waltomo...anybody done this .which do you prefer? How could i get there again inexpensivley? Thats about it for now there are 3 other ports of call in NZ and I'm psyched,but since y'all are so friendly I figured I'd draw on your expertise.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy..depends on number travelling. Check out www.mctours.co.nz for details on day tour to Rotorua (including Wai-O-Tapu - awesome!)...also Waitomo Caves. Hire car would be an option altho far better to leave it to the experts. That site will also give you operators in other ports. All are able to customise tours. Check www.arthurstours.co.nz for Dunedin. Good operator in CHCH www.discoverytours.co.nz . You could go to Waitomo Caves from Auckland if there a couple of days. Look at www.nzpersonaltours.co.nz for tours from Auckland. Tell them all that Bev from Hervey Bay QLD (ex Kiwi) referred you ;)

Have fun planning :)

B E V

Thank you all very much:D ...I checked out the web pages I need to check the tours from all of them against my map (found on the web;interactive). The only problem I am having is with Arthur's tours (can't find the pricing)...do you have to enquire about a tour before they give the pricing? I probably will go to Wai O Tapu...since that does interest me.

Just to let you all know how obsessed I am...Our Cruise isn't until January '09:eek: . At least I have an idea of what I am going to do at one of my ports just have to finish finding where to get it from.

I want to thank you all again; I've gotten enough info to keep me busy for a while:)

Thanks,

Andy

Arthur's Tours prices are dependent upon the number traveling. He is quite expensive, IMHO, but the reviews are outstanding. We're booked with him in February and will be happy to let you know how our tour is when we return.

Archived