Discount/free spa services....

Jus10mom

I might have dreamed this up...but I swear I've read or heard about being a "model" for the spa and they will give you free/discounted services? Anyone have any info or experience with this?

We were one of the first on the Legend last time we cruised, and one of my first stops was the spa to make a Manicure appointment before the first formal night. They needed a model for the seaweed massage, which normally costs $176, and they asked if I was willing. Sure! It was great! Just need to wonder up there as soon as you get on the ship, act friendly, and visit with them. If they need a model, they may ask you. It's all in the luck of the draw. In my case, they said a dancer usually served as the model for this, but was sick that day. I guess I just got lucky.

The biggest discounts I've seen offered in the spa are for the days and times the ship is in port and for the final day aboard the ship.

Yes, I had to stay for the whole spa tour, which took about two hours, but I started my cruise off so relaxed! Since we were among the first on the ship, we'd had time to have pizza and a drink and tour the ship before I reported for my modeling assignment. DH sunned on the deck, and all was good. You should definitely be aware this is a necessity. You're also laying on a table naked with nothing but a blanket covering you, which the masseuse keeps moving to massage different parts of your body. Didn't bother me, but you should be aware of that too before volunteering.

Archived