Super Bowl help can he watch it

red sox girl

I booked a cruise for Super Bowl weekend and I read on a post somewhere they dont have local tv service OMG when my husband finds out he may not be able to watch the game he is going to be so mad at me for booking this weekend but I didnt even know about the game. He was talking to his friend yesterday and I heard him say he was going to watch it in the sports bar on the ship. This is our first cruise and I guess he saw a sports bar in the book we have but Im not even sure they have one. We will be on the miracle any help will be appriciated. Thanks

Yes, the Super Bowl will be shown. It might not be broadcast in English, but that shouldn't matter. My last two cruises were during Super Bowl week and both times they not only had it on in some of the public lounges, but in the cabins also. But, it was broadcast in Spanish.

Depends on the ship and on the itinerary.

If you're where the ship's satellite can get the signal, they'll probably show it.

To find out with more certainty, you might want to ask on the board here dedicated to the cruise line you're sailing on, folks there would have a better handle on what's happened in the past.

FWIW, your ship will probably show it in the sports bar (if there is one) or rig something up in a public area to allow football fans to see the game.

We were on HAL's Veendam in Feb 2002, when the Superbowl was pushed back a week due to the interruption of the season around 9/11/01. The CD had a large-screen TV setup by a bar in the shopping area on the ship, moved various couches, chairs, etc. into an arrangement in front of the TV, and about 200 of us gathered to watch. The broadcast was of the US-based network which carried the Superbowl that year (Fox?).

It was a formal night, and we were sharing a couch with a retired CEO and his wife from Boston, so even though my wife and I are Packers fans, we found a way to root for New England that year. The couple was really nice, everyone was passing around beer or other drinks and bowls of popcorn - it was almost like being in your own home. Except there were 200 well-dressed people from all over the US watching with you. And the "living room" had the disturbing habit moving with the sea swell outside.:D

So, I'd say ask the CD and see what they say. With mostly American passengers, I would be willing to be some accomodation is made to show the Superbowl.

Archived