Two Quick Honolulu Questions

ehough

I apologize if these have been answered elsewhere, but I did a search and did not find anything that answered my questions exactly.

Firstly, I know we have a while to go before our POAm cruise, but we're starting to keep an eye on airfare prices. Basically what I'm finding is that we can either take a 12:20pm flight out of Honolulu, or a 5pm flight. I'd prefer the 12:20 flight (please note we will be on Oahu for a week pre-cruise so it really wouldn't be necessary to do a post-cruise excursion while waiting to go to the airport). The ship is scheduled to dock at 7am in Honolulu- would this allow us enough time to make the 12:20 flight? I know we could do express disembarkation if necessary but I don't think we need to be there that early, so I was wondering whether or not the regular disembarkation would work for us.

Secondly, as I said, we will be in Honolulu before the cruise. We are using Alamo for our rental car and have a choice of dropping off our car either at the airport or at the "city" location (1778 Ala Moana Blvd). Is one location better than the other as far as dropping off the car and then taking a cab to the port?

If anyone has any advice for me on either question I would greatly appreciate it!

The city location would be the better of the two options for getting to the cruise ship. The difference might be in the cost if Alamo charges a drop off fee for not returning the auto to the rental location. Depending on the amount of luggage it might be easier to drop off the passengers and luggage at the pier and then drop off the car.

The city location would be the better of the two options for getting to the cruise ship. The difference might be in the cost if Alamo charges a drop off fee for not returning the auto to the rental location. Depending on the amount of luggage it might be easier to drop off the passengers and luggage at the pier and then drop off the car.

I wld very much appreciate it if u wld assist me if u are able.

Cruising from Canada to Islands this Sept and want to stay for awhile post cruise in early October. Any suggestions u wld make as to accomodations - not interested in driving as have seen Oahu yrs ago but do prefer closer to buses etc as we are a bit mobility challenged.

Wlill also require several restaurants if u wld be so kind as to recommend any. We are seniors & enjoy dining out. We esp. enjoy ribs (Tony Romas usually), Italian food and asian dishes but willing to try anything esp if recommended by those who have tried that particular restaurant recently. I realize chefs can change but most good restaurants do try to maintain quality & reputation.

Anything extra u think we shld know wld be a bonus.

Thankyou so much in advance.

Archived