Anyone staying at Peninsula Hotels BKK/Beijing Feb.20 Nautica?

jantre

Janet

We did all our own tours as always. Didnt have a problem and all were wonderful and I am certain we saw more had more fun and did exactly what WE wanted, than if we had tried the ships tours. all the places were easy to do and the people most helpful even if occasionally we hit language probs.

you will love it

Regards

JimGib

That sounds wonderful. We would enjoy seeing sights this way. Did you book tours in advance and go with other people?

Which contacts would you recommend?

Thanks.

you may email at wolff711@aol.com

You can e-mail me at jgt1116@aol.com

FYI: The Lumpini Night Market is a major sight and happening. It is near to Lumpini Park and easily found on a map of BKK. It has a train/subway nearby. From the Pen, I would recommend using a taxi and definitely do NOT use a Tuk-Tuk. Depending on BKK's horrific traffic, it should be 10-15 minutes by taxi, costing about $2.00. TT's are It is far superior to the Patpong Night Market. Patpong borders the slease area, was the location of one or 2 of the recent bombs that went off, is congested and a bit more frenetic.

The real name of the Lumpini Night Bazaar is Suan Lum. By all means Google both Lumpini and Suan Lum Night Bazaar to get a preview of the sights and a feel for what you are getting into. For the record, I never met a river cruise or dinner cruise that had adequate let alone good food. Usually they are overpriced and the visuals are not what one could hope for.

Better to board one of the local ferries that ply the river and get off wherever you want and pick another one to return. Now you're talking local life in the flesh!

Perhaps you are correct, but I've never been on a dinner cruise. This one was recommended in the Frommer book and supposed to have good food and views. Maybe you have some inforamtion that I am not aware of. Please let me know.

Your suggestion sounds like fun and we will do that as well.

Thanks. Arline wolff711@aol.com

Hi Janet,

We were at a Bangkok Night Market two years ago with a group of about 20 people from Tauck Tours. We were told by our guide to stay close together like "Chinese rice". It was wild -- mostly cheap, cheap, cheap knockoffs of designer bags and very young girls dancing on the bars looking for a night's action. I didn't think it was a fun or a safe place to go after dark. So check with the concierge and make sure you do go to the right Night Market.

Sheila

Archived