Time Zone Question

teamfour

I know this has been discussed, but I can't seem to get the search function to work.

The Conquest is in port from 7AM to 4:30 PM. Our tour is from 9:30 AM to 2:45 PM and it specifically states Eastern Time. So, is this the same as ship time? My cruise itinerary does not specify time zone.

Here's what Drew posted (on another thread)....

Grand Cayman is always on Eastern Standard Time. The Cayman Islands do not observe Daylight Savings Time.

Since most of the US does observe Daylight Savings Time, there is a time difference between Miami and Cayman for part of the year.

In the winter months, Cayman Time = Miami Time.

In the summer months, Cayman Time = Miami Time minus 1 hour... or

In the summer months, Cayman Time = Houston Time.

I find this time issue confusing. I don't think your ship will change it's clocks (when we were ont he Triumph, it didn't). So it would depend on what time of the year you'll be there.

Thanks for the reply...that much I understand. I guess to phrase my question differently:

Does the ship change it's clocks to match the time zone of the port it is visiting?

It varies from ship to ship, even within the same cruise line. When we were on the Triumph, we were told to leave our watches on ship time, and to ignore island time. I've read where some ships within Carnival do have you change your clocks to island time.

It's really best to find someone who has been on your ship to find out how it was handled. You might post this question on the Carnival board, and hope that someone who recently sailed on the Conquest will come along with the answer.

Another thing you might do is ask the company you made your reservation with. We booked with Captain Marvin's and they knew exactly what time we'd be in...they knew that the ship time and island time would be the same for us (we were there in January).

I saw on a recent Conquest Capers on the front page on Monday evening, they state to set your clocks and watches ahead one hour. So, ship time should be the same as island time. I was worried about the same thing because our tour is at 830am.

Archived