Has anyone used Capt. Marvin's?

suseg

I have read, in the thirteen dozen tour guides I seemed to have aquired regarding the Caribbean :eek: :eek: :eek: ...OK a slight fib, that Capt. Marvin has the best (and best value) snorkeling/sting-ray tours on the planet!

Who has used their service? What do you think? Are they as good as I've read? Also, do you think that the weather during the last week of February/first week of March will be warm enough for snorkeling?

I'd love to hear your opinions, please.

Thank you so much.

We've used them three times, and had a wonderful time. The first time, we were on a cruise, and the other two times we were on the island for vacation. The gals at Captain Marvin's even helped us locate a condo for the week (for the first time we were staying on the island). They were awesome!

We've always gone in January, but the water was nice and warm. I don't think there's much of a difference in water temps throughout the year.

Have a great time!

We went on a snorkel and stringray trip with Cap'n marvin, in August of 2004 There were only 8 of us on the boat and we loved our trip. We got the DVD offered and it was fabulous. A great reminder of our time there, we watch it again before our other cruises to get psyched. Enjoy.

We used Capt. Marvin two years ago in late January. It was relatively cool that day, 70-72, but was still warm enough for snorkeling and the stingrays; it was a little cool when the boat was moving. I don't think the ocean water changes too much from week to week; it just depends on how lucky you get as to air temperature.

We had a great day with the Captain and crew! There were probably about 20-25 people on board (thirteen in our group), much better than the 50+ on a ship's tour a couple of years earlier.

I have been 2 times with Capt. Marvin and will be going again in Feb. The 2 previous times were in early March and the weather was good, great one time, overcast the next. The water was warm which is good for me, a native Floridian transplanted to NJ, I need to feel warm sea water instead of the cold stuff we have here.

Make sure you book with them before you leave, we almost didn't get on the boat the last time, but some people cancelled at the last minute and we made it.

Have a great time.

I have been 2 times with Capt. Marvin and will be going again in Feb. The 2 previous times were in early March and the weather was good, great one time, overcast the next. The water was warm which is good for me, a native Floridian transplanted to NJ, I need to feel warm sea water instead of the cold stuff we have here.

Make sure you book with them before you leave, we almost didn't get on the boat the last time, but some people cancelled at the last minute and we made it.

Have a great time.

Thank you all. I have found their website so will book shortly. Do they refund if the ship cannot get into port?

Thank you all. I have found their website so will book shortly. Do they refund if the ship cannot get into port?

They don't actually charge you until you arrive at their shop (you just give them the CC info to hold the spots), so you can pay in cash or charge the tour if you want when you arrive. So if the ship doesn't make it in, you won't see a charge on your card.

Have a great time!

Archived