Morningstar Beach-St Thomas

GTO-Girl

I was there last year. It is to the southeast of Charlotte Amalie, a crescent-shaped beach about 2-300 yards long, very quiet, not much in the way of amenities. There were probably less than a dozen people when I was there, so it's hardly crowded, but nothing to do except swim, towel off and bask. I did not see anyone renting beach equipment or vending food/drink. There is a hotel there and a parking lot.

So, very very very uncrowded and quiet (from my 1 experience), but you have to be self-reliant for equipment and entertainment.

Thanks so much for the info. We may just go back to Magans Bay. We need somewhere with umbrella/chair rentals, food, bathroom, etc. If anyone else has a good suggestion that fits that bill I would love to hear from you too

Hello,

Morningstar is usually not crowded... but that depends a lot on the season (how full the resort is). There are umbrellas and chairs for rent there ($25 for non guest - 2 chairs + umbrella, chairs alone are $10), there is a restaurant/bar beach front, bathroom is available and the watersports booth has floats, bodyboards, windsurfers, kayaks, snorkel gear rental, jet skis, paddleboats, sailboats.

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to Morningstar Beach, several times, and found it to be OK, chairs were in bad shape and expensive. Not as crowded as Magens, Sapphire, and the other beaches everyone goes to. You didn't say what ship you are going to be on but if you are docked in Crown Bay, Emerald Beach is close and very nice. Chairs are only $5 and they have nice clean restrooms in the lobby of the Best Western. Food and drinks are available.

Archived