Dining Room Assignment for our family (w/ 8 & 10 yr. olds)

Latte Lover

My family of four will be on the Inspiration on 2/17 also. I have an 11 and 12 year old. I don't think there will be too many kids on that sailing. Who knows maybe we will be seated together. The last cruise we took was toward the end of September a couple of years ago and I think there were only 40 kids on the ship. My kids didn't like Camp Carnival and spent most of their time with us. I liked not having alot of kids because it was supposed to be a family vacation and I wanted to be with them. If there had been alot of kids they may not have wanted to spend time with us. Have fun. I can't wait.

Warmtoasty - glad to hear our kids may have some company. Mine are boys - how about yours? I was hoping Camp may be more active than 40 kids since my boys usually love the kids club at any all inclusives we've been too and to them, the more the merrier. Although, like you, it is a family vacation so Camp is just an option for them but choices of activities are nice too. Our schools in MI are closed for the week for winter break, maybe others are as well?

My kids are both boys. I wonder how many others have a week off. I purposely book off season because I hear the pool is too crowded during peak season and prices are higher ( when schools are out ). We do have a four day weekend for President's Day, but they will miss two other days. I don't know about you, but February 17th can't come soon enough.

When we cruised on the Inspiration last May with our 2 boys (20 & 21) we were seated in a booth, so no interaction with others. We made sure that we went to open breakfast to meet others. In December we went on the Liberty and there were 9 of us, so we had our own table again. If you want to sit at a table with another family, ask your PVP to see if it can be arranged.

Have FUN!

PS At Grand Cayman this time we booked our own excursion with Captain Bryan's Buccaneer Catamaran. We went to Stingray City, then to the Barrier Reef and Coral Gardens to snorkel. IT WAS OUR BEST EXCURSION EVER!! $39.00 pp adults

Valerie in SC

My family of four will be on the Inspiration on 2/17 also. I have an 11 and 12 year old. I don't think there will be too many kids on that sailing. Who knows maybe we will be seated together. The last cruise we took was toward the end of September a couple of years ago and I think there were only 40 kids on the ship. My kids didn't like Camp Carnival and spent most of their time with us. I liked not having alot of kids because it was supposed to be a family vacation and I wanted to be with them. If there had been alot of kids they may not have wanted to spend time with us. Have fun. I can't wait.

You can request to be at the same table. Just have your TA link your reservtions and they can request that you be seated together. You both have to do it for it to work.

Archived