Booking Genisis

fishy1

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knew when they are going to start booking the genisis madien voyage I think that would be an awsome cruise. We are going to be on the Libertys maiden voyage in May so I thought it would be nice to book genisis for 2009 while onboard. Any advice would be very helpful

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knew when they are going to start booking the genisis madien voyage I think that would be an awsome cruise. We are going to be on the Libertys maiden voyage in May so I thought it would be nice to book genisis for 2009 while onboard. Any advice would be very helpful

Well, since they have not opened up booking for Independence of the Seas yet, which is due out in 2008, I doubt you will be able to book for the Genesis project ship ( no guarantees that it will be named Genesis, just a project name right now ) for some time.

-Mike

I am guessing April 2008 for Independence TA voyage to NYC for the hoopla with media & TA to board for sailing to MIA then the paying folks get her. Genesis, a new ship due out in 2009 So again guessing June 2009 so May 2008 the hoopla for booking should start.

Contrary to dates that others may say, I would just stick with... I dunno. RCI does not have to do things the same way with every ship every time, so I would not hold my breath. I would keep an eye out on these boards, and maybe even RCCL.com and watch the news releases. I think that is the best answer anyone can give at this point.

-Mike

I am guessing April 2008 for Independence TA voyage to NYC for the hoopla with media & TA to board for sailing to MIA then the paying folks get her. Genesis, a new ship due out in 2009 So again guessing June 2009 so May 2008 the hoopla for booking should start.

Boy, you sure seem to know a lot. Maybe even more than RCI since they have not announced when and where "Genesis" will be sailing from.:rolleyes:

I thought I had read that Genesis series would be released in the FALL of 2009 which would fall into place with the time frame for the Voyager class ships and the time of year they were released.

I agree where do you get your info...just be patient and it will be revealed soon enough.

Based on when RCCL has released itineraries for booking in the past... I would guess that when you cruise this May they should have just released the itineraries for the balance of 2008 & first couple of months of 2009. It will probably be May of 2008 before they release the balance of 2009 itineraries, which would include sailings on the first of the Genisis class in the fall of 2009.

Have fun on Liberty! :)

Archived