Xray Machines at Ft. Laud. Embarkation

DH and I are thinking of just using three wheeled carryons and not pack alot. Since we don't have to fly, how big a suitcase will go thru the xray machines they use at embarkation? I know I can use a bigger suitcase than if I had to fly, but just how much bigger is my question. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated!

The xray machines at the ports are no larger than airport scanners and may even be a tad bit smaller. The worst that would happen if they didn't fit is they would be given to the stevedores to load onto the ship with all the other luggage. Try....your bag may fit 0kay.

[quote name='elmorejj']The xray machines are the same size as the ones at the airport. I don`t think I`d go any bigger than a 24inch piece.....jean[/QUOTE]
I ran a HUGE duffle bag through the X-ray machine when I boarded the Rotterdam enroute in Puerto Limon last March. I thought I was gonna have a problem since this was my primary piece of luggage, but the security guy was able to run it right through. Thankfully, I didn't have to carry it on ... as the cabin staff delivered it to my room a short while later. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived