Ensenada Beach Resorts?

psbtrvlr

Are there any beach resorts in Ensenada that allow day use of their facilities? While my sister and I may enjoy the winery tours that everyone recommends, we will have 5 children with us and think that a beach is probably a better idea. If there is, how about transportation for 7?

Im bumping this hoping for an answer on this one too. I haven't been able to find anything.

I have been researching this and am coming up blank. We'll probably just let some of the kids stay on board and we'll go do a little shopping, maybe look for a taco stand.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to Ensenada on several occasions. We have been visiting and working at an orphanage outside of Ensenada about 50 minutes. We have been doing this for the past five years WITH our kids. While we are there, we drive into Ensenada for an afternoon. We have our kids with us (now ages 11-17).

IF you take your kids into Ensenada with you, make sure that everyone sticks together. It is a fairly safe city, but still there are people out there that will definitely take advantage of you.....especially if you do not know the language. But that is true ANYWHERE!

When we go there, we LOVE to just walk around, go to a couple of our favorite taco stands. That is the only place we usually eat! The tacos are incredible and so inexpensive that it is ridiculous! We have NEVER gotten sick from eating here!

Then we usually wander a bit off the main streets to go to some of the lesser known stores to get great prices on vanilla, fun jewelry, leather and pottery items.

This time my teenage daughters are looking for knock off Coach purses! They don't want to pay for a real one. They have seen what I spend on my Coach purses and someone told them that they could get a knock off here for the fraction of what an authentic one is priced! So we will see!

• 4 weeks later...

When we go to Ensenada on weekend trips, we stay at the Hotel Estero Beach. http://www.hotelesterobeach.com/ It is south of Ensenada, so you'd have to take a taxi. They would charge you a per person day use fee.

They are on a bay, but the beach is very small. They do have a nice pool. The grounds are nice to stroll around and they have a restaurant on site. There are also snacks, drinks, and clean bathrooms at the pool.

Please be aware that this is not a 4 star resort, but we always enjoy our time there.

Be aware that you will pass through some not so nice looking areas to get there, but the resort is gated and safe. Some of the same people have worked there for years and years.

I have been there twice in the last couple years and don't know of anything. It also depends on when you're going. Weather through the end of June can be a bit cool...like San Diego. It really doesn't get warm until July, August, September.

As far as a good place to eat...here's the best....go the corner of the main street where Papas&Beer is and go up the side street and just across the little side street from P&B is a little taco stand with a counter to sit at...the family cooks over an open grill behind the counter. BEST TACOS and very cold and inexpensive beer. You can still hear the music from P&B and don't have to put up with all the crap.

Archived