Formal Nights - 12 Night Cruise

hac82

It is possible that this question might have been asked before, and if it has, please excuse me. I have searched and could not find it.

I have been told that there are 3 formal nights for 12 night cruises. On a 9 night cruise, there were 2 formal nights and they were on nights 2 and 8.

Can anyone tell me how many formal nights on a 12 night cruise and what nights they are?

This is from the RCCL website, though smart casual seems to be hit or miss depending on the ship

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.

Sue

I have only been on two cruises so far and both were 9 nights with 2 formals. We were also suppose to have smart casual but never saw it happen.

I was just trying to verify the 3 formal night statement. I do not want to be caught off-guard and I know my DW would not want that either. :D

Well that does not fit my situation. Ours is Southern Caribbean on Explorer.

MACOP - can you tell me where you got the banner for your sig. I saw it elsewhere and we are trying to creat on for our Nov. cruise.

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: con_bulletgray_ico.gifCasual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifSmart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifFormal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4 - night cruises include one formal night and the remainder nights are casual.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7 to 9 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.

14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual.

Hi HAC82,

We are going on an 11 day in February, and were also curious about this, as the new 2007 brochure shows 3 formal nights on 11 day and above. We called RCCL and also had our travel agent do the same (as his website also said 3). Well guess what, we all got different answers. The 2006 brochure shows 2 formal, so we are waiting for some folks to come back from the 11 night that we are going on, to see what actually happens... will let you know if we find out..

Hi HAC82,

We are going on an 11 day in February, and were also curious about this, as the new 2007 brochure shows 3 formal nights on 11 day and above. We called RCCL and also had our travel agent do the same (as his website also said 3). Well guess what, we all got different answers. The 2006 brochure shows 2 formal, so we are waiting for some folks to come back from the 11 night that we are going on, to see what actually happens... will let you know if we find out..

Archived