Snorkle and Rum Point without the Sting Rays?

KVR

We've been to Grand Cayman before on a land vacation and want to return on a cruise. We like the look of the RRR tour, but would like to skip the rays this time and have more snorkel time before going to Rum Point. Does anyone offer this type of tour?

We are renting a vehicle so we can do this to.... Saw stingrays on our last cruise (not in GC) and dont have a desire to see them again. Might be cheaper to just rent a car, its about 80 bucks for a jeep for the day. Couldnt find an excursion for $40 a person to do this.

I was thinking about just booking a snorkle tour like with Soto Cruises (we used them last time) or Capt Marvins for 2 - 2.5 hour tour and then taking the ferry over to Rum Point on our own. We'll be there for 7am to 4pm. Is that feasable? If not, we'll just do the snorkel tour and skip Rum Point for another trip.

I don't think the ferry is currently in operation. In any case, the earliest return from Rum Point was 3:00 pm and the ride to Hyatt took 40 minutes. That doesn't leave enough time to make the 4pm departure IMO. I'm going on the Conquest April 1 and I'd love to find the same excursion you are looking for! We did the sting rays in 05 and they were great but I don't need to do it again.

I e-mailed Native Way and asked if they would do a tour that would skip the rays and just do the Barrier Reef and Coral Gardens and then to Rum Point. They reponded that they would customize a tour if there are 20 people. Since we're just a couple, don't think we can get 18 strangers to do this tour with us.

However, if several people would e-mail them and ask if they would offer this type of tour in addition to the RRR, maybe they will see that there is a need for it and just make a new tour. Wouldn't hurt.

Their e-mail address is: nativway@candw.ky

The ferry is NOT running and is not expected to be running anytime soon. If you post on your roll call for this cruise, you might be able to get enough for a customized tour. Also, check cruisecal.com and see what other ships are there that day. Post on those roll calls as well.

Archived