Harbor House in Galveston

marimojo

I just made a reservation at the Harbor House. Do you actually walk to the ship from this hotel? I was just curious, I was looking at the webcam while the Splendour was in port, the web cam is on top of the hotel, and it looks like a long walk, especially if you are dragging luggage. When I called to make the reservation, I got a reservation clerk who was not familiar with the property. The reservation clerk did tell me that the parking was free while we were on the cruise. But, if you book on the internet, it says that parking costs $6.00 a day. For anyone who stayed at Harbor House, was the parking free and did you have to walk to the ship dragging your luggage? Was it far? i.e., more than a block or so?

Thank you.

The HH is located on the same side of the channel as the ship terminal and is with in walking distance of both terminals. Terminal 1 is about a one block walk from HH, Terminal 2 is a might further, say two and half blocks. Yur only problem is rain, the walk from HH is uncovered until you reach Terminal 1but the walk from T-1 to T2 is uncovered.

We stayed there for our sailing in mid December. They charged $10 for parking the nite we stayed and then an additional $20 for the week of the cruise. So a total of $30 for parking.

We did not walk to the ship as she was at terminal #2. We took a cab (van) for 3 of us with luggage and it was about $10. On return we were docked at terminal #1 and walked (with 3 rolling bags) back to the hotel/car. Was not a problem at all.

We stayed there for our sailing in mid December. They charged $10 for parking the nite we stayed and then an additional $20 for the week of the cruise. So a total of $30 for parking.

We did not walk to the ship as she was at terminal #2. We took a cab (van) for 3 of us with luggage and it was about $10. On return we were docked at terminal #1 and walked (with 3 rolling bags) back to the hotel/car. Was not a problem at all.

when i called them they told me if you book thru the galveston.com website you get the free parking option...make sure you add it.....otherwise you have to pay for the parking if you book outside of the galveston.com website just FYI. You still pay the $10 of the night of the stay, but once on the cruise its free parking, inside a gated complex, at the same location according to hotel mgmt.

You dont have to drive the vehicle to another destination and then shuttled back over, from what the mgmt stated!

when i called them they told me if you book thru the galveston.com website you get the free parking option...make sure you add it.....otherwise you have to pay for the parking if you book outside of the galveston.com website just FYI. You still pay the $10 of the night of the stay, but once on the cruise its free parking, inside a gated complex, at the same location according to hotel mgmt.

You dont have to drive the vehicle to another destination and then shuttled back over, from what the mgmt stated!

That explains why we had to pay for parking, we did not book through Galveston.com. The gated complex is a parking lot on the side of the hotel, with a gate with an arm on it where you put your code in and it raises. No fence around the area & uncovered. We were hoping for a more secure area but this seemed to work ok.

That explains why we had to pay for parking, we did not book through Galveston.com. The gated complex is a parking lot on the side of the hotel, with a gate with an arm on it where you put your code in and it raises. No fence around the area & uncovered. We were hoping for a more secure area but this seemed to work ok.

thanks for clearing the gated complex up for me i guess mgmt doesnt tell the whole truth....I guess the arm going up and down is a gate! LOL:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I'm wondering....is there a way you can find out ahead of time which terminal you will be using?

We are actually looking at the Harbor house for the night before our cruise because the cruise terminal is within walking distance. 1 block isn't bad, but 2-1/2 blocks might be a bit much for the boys, they will be "rolling" their own luggage. I was hoping that the hotel would have a free shuttle to the terminal since it's so close...but I guess not. :( $10 for a "cab" isn't too bad though, I guess, if we had to take one. Better than having to rent a car, and return it before going to the terminal and taking a cab from the car rental company, that's for sure. Thanks to everyone who answered this post and to anyone who can answer my question.

Diana

In Galveston, Carnival is at Terminal 1 & Royal Caribbean is at Terminal 2. Princess alternates between the terminals...if there's no Carnival ship, Princess will be at Terminal 1, but if the Ecstasy is there the Grand goes to Terminal 2.

In Galveston, Carnival is at Terminal 1 & Royal Caribbean is at Terminal 2. Princess alternates between the terminals...if there's no Carnival ship, Princess will be at Terminal 1, but if the Ecstasy is there the Grand goes to Terminal 2.

Thank you Cindy for your response to my question. This helps a great deal. I think we will plan to just walk over unless we have bad weather, in that case we will just call a cab and ride over. LOL! :p

Only 202 more days before we cruise. :rolleyes: Seems like a lifetime away right now. LOL!

Diana

Archived