Costa Maya ruins

Gingee

We would like to go to the Costa Maya Ruins (Chac????). I found one group but they leave a hour after our arrival (which is 7 a.m.). Okay, that would mean we would have to get our teen up really early to get to eat and everything before then. Does anyone know of a tour group that would leave around 9 a.m.? (A decent group)

Chaccobean

we went through IslandMarketing and we met at the beginning of the street in Mahahual at 8:30 and left at 9am. We left the ship at 8am and had plenty of time to walk through the pier area and catch a cab to Mahajual....

We had the best tour guide, Diana Cabrera, who taught us how to count to 10 in Mayan and gave us alot of info about the area and the mayan culture on the trip there.

We just came back from an excellent tour with Ivan Cohuo of chacchobenruins.com. We met David of his company at the bus ticket window at the back of the cruise ship dock complex. They time when their tour leaves based upon when your ship arrives. US$43 per person.

Les

We just came back from an excellent tour with Ivan Cohuo of chacchobenruins.com. We met David of his company at the bus ticket window at the back of the cruise ship dock complex. They time when their tour leaves based upon when your ship arrives. US$43 per person.

Les

These guys are the best! I highly recommend you go with them, though I have to confess I do not have another company in Costa Maya to compare it to. It was the highlight of our entire cruise. I would suggest emailing David and/or Ivan and asking about the time. they might have a group leaving later because another cruise ship is docking later. David is extremely knowledgable and helpful and I woudl be surprised if he couldn't find a way to make it work for you. We certainly did not have to leave as early as you are saying since our ship docked at 8. On the other hand, we didn't have to wait an hour either even though we got right off the ship - he had us leave as soon as he had the group assembled.

David and Ivan are great! It is an experience not to be missed. They do leave one hour after the ship docks.

IMHO it is time to tell you teen he WILL be up and ready to go to this interesting (but also educational) tour.

Our 15YO's in luck - we don't dock in Costa Maya until 8, so we'll let him sleep until 7:30;) . Panama's going to be tough for him - we dock at 7 and the excursion leaves at 7:30. He'll just have to treat it as if it were a school day. I'm hoping that five years of studying Spanish pays off for him on this trip!

We just booked with David and Ivan. Our ship doesn't arrive in port until noon on March 26th. Our tour starts at 1:00. They responded to my email within 24 hours. I appreciate everyone's recommendations!

Hey! My friend and I will also be in Costa Maya on that date, but we will be on the Fantasy. We might end up on the same David & Ivan tour with you, since our ship arrives at noon. How cool to know someone from CC who will be on the tour! I haven't booked it yet, though. I guess I better get my rear in gear!

We just booked with David and Ivan. Our ship doesn't arrive in port until noon on March 26th. Our tour starts at 1:00. They responded to my email within 24 hours. I appreciate everyone's recommendations!

Oops! I hope there is a typo here somewhere, because if you're cruising on the Grandeur, you won't be in Costa Maya on March 26, according to Cruisecal. It says you'll be there March 28. :(

Archived