Covered versus un-covered balconies in August

cruisin2alaska

For those that have cruised Alaska before, I'm looking for some advice or thoughts on the merits of a covered versus un-covered balcony in the August 2007 timeframe.

If the weather is nice, un-covered seems like a good choice as sitting in the sun would make it a bit warmer. But if it rains a lot in August, then that might be a real problem .... :)

I'm thinking of cruising onthe 8/20 Island Princess sailing and will have to make this decision real soon!

Thanks.

For those that have cruised Alaska before, I'm looking for some advice or thoughts on the merits of a covered versus un-covered balcony in the August 2007 timeframe.

If the weather is nice, un-covered seems like a good choice as sitting in the sun would make it a bit warmer. But if it rains a lot in August, then that might be a real problem .... :)

I'm thinking of cruising onthe 8/20 Island Princess sailing and will have to make this decision real soon!

Thanks.

I have been on several cruises to Alaska and I guess the answer depends on the weather for the week that you are cruising. If it was clear I would prefer an uncovered balcony. There an issue of slightly limited privacy and the issue of the weather, so I guess it would push me to a covered balcony. Either way you are in for a fantastic experience on a beautiful ship. Hope this helps.

I had the SAME delimna! Found out that the balconies on Caribe deck (Sapphire Princess) are larger and half-covered/half-open... didn't have to make the decision after all; just went for the hybrid! :D

Sailing 8/25 Vancouver - Whittier

• 1 month later...

we were on the NCL star, ours was covered. had to lean out for some of my pictures, but since it rained most days...covered was very good.

we sure enjoyed it. for more questions on the pearl, the NCL board is full of folks that have been on it recently.

Archived