Feedback from those who just returned from Med cruise?

So, those of you who have just returned from the Galaxy Med cruise - what were the tours like? Did you do ship tours or private? Do you have any suggestions for those of us going through the summer? We're desperate for info here. Anyone use Marcello in Naples? Any tidbit will be greatly appreciated.....

Jane
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;2;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
until Galaxy

If you do a search on this Board you will see a long thread on Marcello.
He is a taxi driver who talks mostly about himself. This tour was expensive and was our least favorite tour in the Med.(We shared this tour with 2 other couples).
There are other recommendations for this Port so do some more research.
If you need a driver in Turkey I recommend Spiros in Kusadasi - he was wonderful and an actual "guide" not a taxi driver!

Jane, I am booked with Gennaro at sorrentolimo.com

I have read good reports about him and he has answered my e-mails very quickly.

A driver is different from a guide (I learned this here). If you need a guide, make sure you look for that - however, they are more expensive. The drivers can take you to Pompeii, but you need a guide once you get there.

I have heard mixed reviews about Marcello, so that is why I decided to go with Gennaro. Whatever it is, I know we will have a great time. Just make sure you are getting what you expect so you won't be disappointed.

Splendour of the Seas - Med
June 19, 2004 from Barcelona

ECBoca2,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I have already read of your experiences with Marcello so I was wondering if the last group of travellers had the same experience. We are actually booked with his driver, so I hope for a better tour than you had.

Our cruise isn't going to Turkey.

Moondawgie, I hope you have a great trip. I hear it's really hot in Europe right now.

THanks again,

Jane
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;2;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
until Galaxy

Jane,
Please post a review when you return if you can as we leave July 19 and have booked with Marcello's other driver the following week.
Have a wonderful trip as I know we will!
Donna

Brilliance of the Sea First time to Europe!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Archived