Sailing out of NO on 1/13/07 - GO EARLY!!!!!!!

allicat1214

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to start a new one in case the title of that one didn't get anyone's attention.

If you are sailing out of New Orleans tomorrow, I would encourage you to arrive early.

In case you've been under a rock for the past few weeks, the Saints are playing the Eagles tomorrow in a playoff game. The Saints have only won one playoff game in their 40 year history. We've never had a first round bye, nor hosted this divisional match-up. When you add all that to the desperate need for some hope in our city post-K, then you can see how Saints' fever has exploded all over the city.

Many people are already talking about tailgatin' starting today, Friday!!! Others plan to be there at daybreak on Saturday. It's all over nola.com Saints forum and on the local sports radio talk shows, WWL-AM, 870 AM. (Which by the way I would listen to on the way while driving. They will be giving traffic reports thorughout the day on Saturday.)

So, you will probably hit some traffic along the elevated expressway which passes right by the Superdome...once you pass it you should be okay to get to the cruise terminal. However, if you plan on hanging around downtown before the ship departs, keep in mind that there will be crowds EVERYWHERE -- not just by the dome. You'll have folks who will start the party in the French Quarter and stumble their way to the dome. So I would allow extra time to get back to the ship if you go into the quarter.

When we sailed on the Fantasy last Thursday, we were able to board the ship around 11:30. So if you plan on arriving mid-day, you can start your cruise vacation as soon as you get there! if you're sailing on the Fantasy, tell Big Tex hello!

GEAUX SAINTS!

We are sailing on the Fantasy Jan. 22. I would love to hear any advice or just reviews on this ship and the ports (what to do,etc.). Our flight does not arrive until 10:55 am I hope this allows us plenty of time to get to the Port on time!

I forgot to put in the original post that one of Mardi Gras' super krewes - Endymion -- is having it's Extravaganza Saturday night at the Hilton, which is a few blocks from the cruise terminals. The party isn't until Saturday night, but most people check into the hotel in the mid to early afternoon before the party. And there are 4,000+ people in the krewe, so with every member bringing at least one guest, you're looking at 8,000+ people arriving a few blocks from where thousands more will be arriving for cruises.

By the way, Endymion is going forth with its party only because they are bringing in huge screen TVs and delaying some of the official king/queen activities until after the game.

People, here are nuts for their Saints!!! If you are out and about while the game is on, NO will look like a ghost town!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanze5: The Fantasy is great! It is our fave out of the 3 Carnival ships we've sailed on. The wait staff and stewards were wonderful and called us by name from the second day on! We actually docked in Cozumel and didn't tender, so that was great to me! The CD Big Tex was fun, the shows were good. If you're a chocoholic, you've got to try the Chocolate martini (with vodka) in the majestic bar and the Molten Chocolate Cake (there's a whole thread about that on the Carnival board). You can tell that I'm having major cruise withdrawal!!! Have a great time. With your flight arriving then, you should have no problems arriving at the terminal in time. You'll probably be able to get right on and start your cruise vacation. Have a drink for me!!

Archived