Bumped out of *Cabin

afdds

Has anyone been bumped out of a * Cabin. I wanted an aft cabin marked with a * (three person cabin)?

There are only two of us and Carnival said that I might get bumped if I picked this one. I didn't want to pay extra money and pick a certain cabin number and then get bumped. I thought that my chances of getting another aft cabin were pretty slim. Holding a cabin on the Panarama Deck and I really wanted lower down.

I just booked an Aft cabin the Liberty that sleeps 3 and there are only my husband and myself. My PVP didn't say anything about the possibility of being bumped out. I think I will call him and confirm that I am "safe" as friends of ours booked next door to us so we can have connecting balconies and we wouldn't want to move to another cabin.

Thanks!!

Velvet1153- It is the same for us. We will be traveling with another couple and have booked cabins next to each other. I was told not to book the ones with a star because they bump you out. I would be interested in hearing what your PVP says....Let us know!

Hi again!

I just spoke to my PVP at Carnival and he told me that the only time Carnival would bump people from a cabin is if that cabin is a handicapped cabin and they have a person in a wheelchair that needs it. He said, even then, your chances are very small of being bumped. And, if it were to happen, you would be offered a comparable cabin or a superior cabin. None of the Aft cabins are handicapped rooms so there is no possibility of being bumped.

I feel much better now knowing that my cabin is safe and I hope this eases your concerns.

By the way, which cruise are you on? We are on the Liberty for the Eastern Caribbean that sails on 1/5/08. We booked Cabin #6454 and friends have 6456 and 6458 booked. :)

Hi again!

I just spoke to my PVP at Carnival and he told me that the only time Carnival would bump people from a cabin is if that cabin is a handicapped cabin and they have a person in a wheelchair that needs it. He said, even then, your chances are very small of being bumped. And, if it were to happen, you would be offered a comparable cabin or a superior cabin. None of the Aft cabins are handicapped rooms so there is no possibility of being bumped.

I feel much better now knowing that my cabin is safe and I hope this eases your concerns.

By the way, which cruise are you on? We are on the Liberty for the Eastern Caribbean that sails on 1/5/08. We booked Cabin #6454 and friends have 6456 and 6458 booked. :)

I know it happens, I've seen it happen ... your PVP is wrong.

Unfortunately, not all PVP's are the 'brightest bulb on the string'! :rolleyes:

The unfortunate thing when being bumped, is that it can happen in the circumstance mentioned, if Carnival has the chance to book that cabin for three, and you are currently booked for two! You are only guaranteed the cabin you book if it is a cabin for two, occupied by two, etc., etc. or if you are in the suite category.

When I was booking our 9A corner/aft on the Liberty, there are 6 cabins available, but only TWO* that are strictly for 2 passengers. NOTE: Most online websites will allow you to book any of those 6 cabins for two passengers! HOWEVER.. You may get bumped, depending on the needs of the cruiseline.

I booked one of those two*, as the PVP AND the TA both said that booking a cabin for two (that accomodates 3) is 'iffy' at best! We have another couple sailing with us in an adjoining aft cabin. I would be heart-broken if I was bumped.. Just being careful, and eliminating 'possibilities' is prudent!!:D

Hi again!

I booked a cabin that is a * 3 occ. for my DH and I for our Pride cruise coming up in a few days. Once I heard I could get bumped I called and had two PVP's tell me that what I heard was indeed true. It COULD happen...that was enough to have me change my booking to a 2 occ. balcony cabin. You might not get bumped...but you have to understand it could happen.

Payd:)

we are a family of 6 and needed 2 cabins to accomodate us all. we were told the same thing by our pvp. they put us in 2 cabins, with an adjoining door or whatever, but one of the cabins hold 4 people and we only have 3 booked in there. they said that once we get on the ship if there is a family that needs all 4 spots, we'll get bumped to a cabin that only accomodates 3. they of course want to fill the ship as full as possible, so they'll move people around to fill every single last space. i'm thinking it might be better if they did it the other way around so people don't get angry... i.e. only allow you to book in rooms that are exactly your capacity, and then allow you to upgrade to a room with more beds on the day you board if there is space allowing...

When booking our upcoming cruise, our PVP was very careful to get the appropriate cabins for us. ( I booked 4 cabins for a total of 10 people). She was careful not to book a cabin for 2 that would accomodate more than that. She said if we did, they could get bumped.

As others have said above, it may not happen, but you need to know that it can happen.

We, 2 of us; currently have a room with 2 uppers on the Glory in April. I take it that this is a room for 4. PVP did not mention a possibility of bumping. The cabin is near the midship elevators which we wanted. What are our chances?

We, 2 of us; currently have a room with 2 uppers on the Glory in April. I take it that this is a room for 4. PVP did not mention a possibility of bumping. The cabin is near the midship elevators which we wanted. What are our chances?

It depends. Did you choose that particular cabin or did your PVP suggest that one? If there aren't too many families traveling the week you are going, you should be ok. If they need that cabin for a group of 4, I believe you will be moved. If I were you, I'd call my PVP and see if there is a cabin close by that is for 2.

I guess everyone needs to pay more attention to Carnivals Deck plan and the key. I would hate to think that my PVP didn't tell me. If your traveling as a couple then it won't really matter. Plus you might get that nice upgrade. However, we are two couples traveling together that would like to remain close by or on the same deck. After reading some posts about getting bumped, I think I'll stay where I am. Happy with my 8I! Thanks for all the help.

Hi again!

I just spoke to my PVP at Carnival and he told me that the only time Carnival would bump people from a cabin is if that cabin is a handicapped cabin and they have a person in a wheelchair that needs it.

You better ask for a "knowlegable" PVP... your's told you wrong.

It has been posted on this board time, and time again, that if you are only two passengers in this cabin and a 3 passenger group wants to book it... you will be bumped.

My husband and I have a catagory 11 suite booked..We have been assigned a room number is a corner wrap around..Is there a chance we wont get the room we chose??
I believe there are only 2 Cat 11 wrap-arounds on the 'Spirit' class ships that accomodate 3 passengers (a convertible sofa for a bed), being 8268 and 8273! Chances of being bumped from that are almost nil, BUT there is a tiny chance. Good Luck!:D

Being bumped from a cabin will likly occur during a high season cruise. If you took a holiday sailing or a summer sailing your chances of being bumped from that cabin is a little higher then if you booked the cabin during a slower week.

Try to book 6232 on the SPirit class that holds 4 people for only two during July and you wont be able to do it-- since your chance of being bumped is great.

Carnival can also bump you if you book a handicapped cabin. We did it last February--Bumped people from a oceanview cabin-- on the empress deck. they got the same oceanview cabin but on the main deck.

OK this thread had me a tad worried.:eek: ..We really wanted our cabin assignment that we booked through our travel agent..ANYWAY..the cabin we have 6260 is safe...They said there is no way we will be bumped..:o ..They said the only reason someone would be bumped if they had a handicapped cabin and were not handicapped or if their party of 4 turned into a party of 3..

I can understand friends and family travelling together and wanting to have adjoining staterooms / balconies etc. However, one small problem I have with this. We had a stateroom booked, and family members had another stateroom booked, nearby, but not side by side. It was thought initially that my son who is 15 could not accompany us however, circumstances changed and he was able to.

When i tried to change staterooms from one originally booked that slept two, to one that could accomodate him and sleep 3, I was advised there were no staterooms available that could sleep three or four, only doubles. ( it was about one month prior to sailing) Well, needless to say, my son had to stay home. While its great to be close to friends and family in staterooms, I think obviously there are times when booking those staterooms that sleep three or four when there are only two of you, actually keeps others from being able to be on that ship at that time, as it did my 15 year old son. Sure it would have been great if we knew his exam schedule and schooling situation when we booked and booked a room big enough for us all, but at the time the school was definite he could not change things, and thus could no join us. I therefore booked only a stateroom for two and I was certain there would be only two of us.

I would had gone to the bottom of the ship in a stateroom for three and had my other family members to the top of the ship, if it meant my son could come along. I would still see those other family members on the lido deck, at the activities and events, we would dine together, go in ports together, do everything together, except be side by side, in staterooms. Sure its great to be side by side if it doesnt effect others at times, but if you're not side by side, you're still cruising, you're still on the ship, and enjoying everything as is everyone else, and it may also make it possible for others to have that same enjoyment, rather than be told sorry no rooms that can accomodate three of you.

It really was a disappointment and I actually thought the cruiseline would had reviewed and moved people if neccessary, but obviously everyone has a right to choose their own stateroom and pay the set price.. so I can see why Carnival wouldnt make the change. If i picked a specific stateroom I wouldnt expect them to change it on me either, however, maybe more thought should b given to the rooms we book, and book only what we need, so that anyone who may possibly want to make that cruise, can do so.

Just my thoughts on the idea.

Yes, you can get bumped if the cruise line needs the space. I am a travel agent and they remind us of that all of the time. In fact I was booking cabins a couple of days ago and the cruise line agent would not let me book a room that did not fit exactly the amound of people it would hold. I don't think it happens alot but it could, especially in peak season.

Yes, you can get bumped if the cruise line needs the space. I am a travel agent and they remind us of that all of the time. In fact, I was booking cabins a couple of days ago and the cruise line agent would not let me book a room that did not fit exactly the amount of people it would hold. I don't think it happens a lot but it could, especially in peak season.

Irish Jewel 5- I think you misunderstood what most posters have been saying..... or it's really late and my brain is fried. Anyway, I think most posters where saying that, yes you can get bumped if only two people are booked in a cabin for three. I don't think people have a problem with the policy, they just want to be informed of the rule before making their selection of cabins.

For example there are cabins with and without a star in the aft of the ship. I just wasn't lucky enough to get two on the same deck. If the cabin is designed for three, then three people should be able to have that cabin.

Maybe your cruise wasn't selling, and Carnival decided to sell the *cabins to couples. Then at the time of sailing, there wasn't room to shift people around. I'm sorry your son didn't get to go.

Archived